CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

hatchling hasn’t pooped in weeks and has not shed

Old 10-29-2020, 02:29 AM   #1
numoo29
hatchling hasn’t pooped in weeks and has not shed

I’ve had my hatchling for almost 8 weeks and the past couple feedings i haven’t been able to locate any poop. I don’t know if he pooping underneath his substrate or what, but i can’t see any in his visible tunnels. he is feeding just fine (one pinkie every 5 days) and is regularly active. he also has not shed since the first week i got him. all my temps and humidity levels are where they need to be, i’m starting to get worried and i’m not quite sure what i’m doing wrong.

Old 10-29-2020, 02:40 AM   #2
MissJennifer
Quote:
Originally Posted by numoo29 View Post
I’ve had my hatchling for almost 8 weeks and the past couple feedings i haven’t been able to locate any poop. I don’t know if he pooping underneath his substrate or what, but i can’t see any in his visible tunnels. he is feeding just fine (one pinkie every 5 days) and is regularly active. he also has not shed since the first week i got him. all my temps and humidity levels are where they need to be, i’m starting to get worried and i’m not quite sure what i’m doing wrong.
My girl is bigger - 3 yrs old - but hopefully this helps:
Check in hiding spots & in substrate - mine for a bit used to go along the very bottom UNDER her substrate (until I swapped from aspen to fir) & now she goes inside her log on top 99% of the time.
Try a warm bath. Sounds odd, but my vet recommended it to me.
I know you said that the lil one hasn't shed yet, but with Crue I've observed that as she got bigger I went from being able to time the day she would poop from feeding to now it's a guessing game.
I've had her a year & a half & she's grown a lot....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Old 10-29-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
SnakeCreations
Hiya Neighbor!

For small snakes it's quite common not being able to locate feces, they can quickly absorb into the substrate. I would caution against a warm bath, often it's too hot for our cold blooded friends. Water temps should be tepid, not warm nor cold. If your snake is eating okay and active, I wouldn't worry. However, if you want to identify feces, switch to paper towels and simple hides, like toilet paper rolls.

Enjoy, and don't forget to post pics of your new hatchling!

-Tonya

Old 10-29-2020, 02:52 PM   #4
numoo29
thank u guys, that makes me feel much better !!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google