CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Spiderlings! Awwww! :D

Old 05-25-2007, 05:16 PM   #1
Pet Corn Snake
Spiderlings! Awwww! :D

Hello guys, well tonight I had a really nice night out with my friends and on my way home i was looking in the hedge's for spiders to look at, and i found a whole new hatched clutch of babys! must have been well over 100, the picture is really blurry i'm really sorry it was taken on my cell phone (mobile phone)

they were great, I sat and watched them for age's : ) hopefully when i return tomorrow they will still be there, I'm just worried because they never hatched inside the hedge, so there is many dangers, like wind, and people hurting them!

all the little dots are actually very detailed little spiderlings : )

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
waldo
Thats really cool, you should have grabbed a couple. I doubt they will be there when you go back.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
Pet Corn Snake
I know, I really wish I could save them all, but 1) I would be taking them away from there mother, 2) I would not know how to care for wild spiders, and I don't think there are care sheets for common wild spiders eather, but I wish there was a way because they seriously were the most interesting cute things I have ever seen! the thought of someone hurting them or something eating them really upsets me, because they are babies, but it's nature, nature can be horrible sometimes, most of the time infact! : (

Old 05-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
dawnrenee2000
Thanks for sharing that with us. Nature is a wonderful thing.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #5
Dave123
Scary but pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-25-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
suecornish
George, you done good.

Keep up the good work and mature thoughts.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:22 PM   #7
Phoeb
I remember before I moved house we used to have loads of spider-lings in the bushes in the summer. There was usualy about 4 or 5 little balls of spider-lings attached or hanging from a leaf...really cool

Old 05-25-2007, 11:00 PM   #8
MegF.
I had a load of Jade lynx spiders that hatched out in my rosemary bushes out front. The mother guarded the egg pod for a month or so and the babies hung out there for probably a month or more. Those little ones you saw may still be there tomorrow.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
Pet Corn Snake
: ) kool guys : ) and thank's sue : )

I was just amazed by the little guys, have been ever since i seen waldo's clutch : )

Old 05-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #10
waldo
Spiders are real easy to care for, if you ever want to try and keep a wild one just PM me and I'll help you get it set up. I like to keep jumpers and wolfs, usually for a couple weeks then I release them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google