• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Yes it will be a great relief right now there are just too many unknowns and too many possible roads to have to go down. I am sorry to all if this thread sounds like I am beating a dead horse. But I will keep you all posted of the outcome good or bad.

I"m so sorry to hear the little hypo Sunkissed passed. Don't worry about getting the funds right away. Just send him to me so I can send him off to the lab. We can deal with payment later as I'm not asked to pay but once every 3 months (and I just payed), and my bonus usually takes care of it with plenty left over. I'll PM you the mailing address to use.

Wow I'm just reading this and I got to say I'm so sorry for your loss. This is pretty horrible and I hope you find out what happened to your snakes. Since they all came from the same breeder it seems to me they had to of gotten sick from there since your other snakes are fine. I'm just really curious as to what it could have been. If you find out you should tell the breeder in case they don't know there is something that could be infecting their animals.

Yes if the testing results show anything, either on my part or the breeders the breeder will be notified quickly. At this point I am just ready to find what is going on if I can.

:( sorry to hear about your snakes. Is it just the new snakes or have any of your other snakes been effected?

Hey Charlie, so far it is just the new snakes well have been here the shortest other than Ochre and he got here after the first one died.

Ok Charlie I checked my records and told you wrong Ochre got here the 8th and the first one died the 20th but they had no contact. Sorry for the wrong info.

Yes if the testing results show anything, either on my part or the breeders the breeder will be notified quickly. At this point I am just ready to find what is going on if I can.

Bob:

You mentioned that you are keeping the breeder up to date with what's happening. Have you told Doc that you don't have the money for testing?

I would think, at this point, he would step up and offer to pay for the testing since the same thing has happened to several people that have recently purchased snakes from him. (Again - he did refund my money)

We're not talking about one or two snakes here. We're talking about around two dozen that I'm aware of.

As info - the three that I got from Doc that died were 2010 corns. I also purchased an MBK at the same time and that snake is still OK. He was larger than the others when he arrived and not a corn so I wonder if it's specific to young corns. Has anyone had an older corn from Doc die? What about a non-corn?

John

Bob, I just read the latest posts. I am so sorry that you are going through all this trouble. I hope in the end, something good comes out of it. It's a real shame and I know you must be stressed to the hilt. Just know I am here to talk to if you need me for anything. I hope this is all that are going to die.

Ok Charlie I checked my records and told you wrong Ochre got here the 8th and the first one died the 20th but they had no contact. Sorry for the wrong info.

np, I was just curios and hoping that it was contained within the new snakes and not hitting your entire collection.

Yes I have explained things to the breeder, was told that if it was something on his end he would split the cost of the necro with me. This has not been a good day dealing with vets around here to get the stuff to send the snake out. But I found a place at UK Animal Diagnostics in Lexington said they could test the snake for me. The price is a lot less than what most have told me, so if I can't get the formulin from a vet here like I was told I could by one of them, I will go that route. It seems formulin is a not a very well liked substance here. I am guessing becuase of certain people and thier wants for it. So the vets won't dispence it. Had one vet tell me well ours has a label on it already, I asked well can't the label come off? I just want to ship to Florida to be tested. I even offered to bring the snake in and let them put it in the stuff and pay thier office visit.
thank you all

Yes I have explained things to the breeder, was told that if it was something on his end he would split the cost of the necro with me.

At this point with so many different individuals effected and only one common denominator, how could it not be something on his end? If I was the breeder I surely would want to know for sure and at my expense. Perhaps he already does. :shrugs:

At this point with so many different individuals effected and only one common denominator, how could it not be something on his end? If I was the breeder I surely would want to know for sure and at my expense. Perhaps he already does. :shrugs:

One wonders...

This is beginning to sound very suspicious. I have purchased 2 adults from the breeder & so far they are fine. :shrugs: I hope that continues. However if there is something going on in the breeder's colony, I would hope that he would own up to it & come clean. I keep seeing more of his adults being listed.
I'm looking forward to learning of the results.

This is beginning to sound very suspicious. I have purchased 2 adults from the breeder & so far they are fine. :shrugs: I hope that continues. However if there is something going on in the breeder's colony, I would hope that he would own up to it & come clean. I keep seeing more of his adults being listed.
I'm looking forward to learning of the results.

I suggest you start keeping very good records.

As Arlo Guthrie said "27 8×10 color glossy pictures with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one..." :)

Back