• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

what's this for

I just thought this was a hole in my structure here. There are still corn snakes out in the wild, and some people find that of interest and will actually seek them out. Heck I used to do it all of the time, from the Florida Keys up thru New Jersey.

This is the place to post some collecting notes and observations. The place to discuss the natural side of the corn snakes found in natural (as much as they can be) situations. Maybe even post photographs of those examples found in certain localities.

Mutual of omaha presents.....

...Herping the wild corn snake :D
Man, that sounds like a bunch of fun to me.
I've never lived where corns range,
so never have had the opportunity to do so.
I may come to Florida later this summer for one of the bigger shows and may have to try to get into that kind of mischief.

I once went herping Rattlesnakes with some wild men vendors on a saturday night when in Tucson for a reptile show.
We found some sheds that were absolutely gigantic, Non herpers from "back east" woulda drove themselves to the airport and got on a plane before chancing an encounter with them big fellas ;)
This one guy road cruises for dead Rattlers to turn them into wallets, keychains and Diamondback covered baseballs. :)
He misses the days when he could drive around drunk as hell on backroads and go herping if you felt like it. Now they want you to have a hunting license ;)

Last edited:
I love it!

Great forum, some folks may have corns in their yards regularly! I've moved west and don't see them in these parts, but grew up catching them.
CowBoyWay, you mean it's illeagal to pick up DOA's w/o a hunting liscense!?! Or is it a matter of his driver's liscense!;) I've got some breeder getting up in years that would make a fine hatband, I've thought many a time. Morbid subject, but if you have nice colubrids, when they have seen their better days; who would you call to make that fine hatband, watchband, what have ya? I've buried a couple over the years I wish I could think about when I opened my billfold (that means wallet in the south) to buy my groceries!:D

Back