CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes Wanted
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes Wanted Looking for something special and you don't know who has it for sale? Post what you are looking for here and see if you get any bites.

how much are blizards going for?

Old 03-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #11
crackerhead
Laura is 100% correct in her answer. She wasn't being argumentative at all. She was simply correcting misinformation.
I don't know what genetics info you are citing but you need to find a new source because your source is either incorrect or your are not fully understanding it.
A "normal" animal with no hets bred to the same will NOT produce anything but "normals" (Laura uses the term "Wildtype" instead of "normal"). The only combos other than two Blizzards that "might" produce a Blizzard are as follows: 1.1 Normals Het Amel & Charcoal, 1.1 Amels Het Charcoal, 1.1 Charcoals Het Amel, an Amel Het Charcoal to a Charcoal Het Amel or a Blizzard to any of the above. The odds of getting any Blizzards increases when one or more of the recessive genes are Homo in one/both of the breeding animals.
To the OP, I recently purchased an adult Blizzard male for $80 at the local Wheaton IL. show. I hope that helps.

Terri

Old 03-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #12
Dragonling
Just gonna leave this here.

I'll keep my choice words to myself, since you're only 15.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #13
MaxHardwicke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
Just gonna leave this here.

I'll keep my choice words to myself, since you're only 15.

Big man just cus im 15 yh u think u should just leave it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-17-2017, 12:13 PM   #14
Dragonling
People ask why I don't have kids. Sigh.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:38 PM   #15
Wallawalla
Guys take it easy come on let's not fight over this little post

Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #16
Wallawalla
And genetics on corn snakes confuse me a lot... not like ball phython genetics those are simple

Old 03-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #17
Wallawalla
Also dragonling out of curiosity what kind of morphs can a snow make?

Old 03-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #18
crackerhead
Mendelian genetics work the same for all living things. So ball Python genetics is exactly the same as Corn snake genetics with the exceptions of the terms that BP owners coined to describe some inheritance terms ("Super" comes to mind) and some of the genes available in each species.

Terri

Old 03-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #19
Dragonling
A larger number of ball python morphs are incomplete dominant (incorrectly but popularly called co-dominant) where most corn snake mutations are recessive. The guide I posted previously may help you in understanding the terminology in any species, but you may have to unlearn some things in the process. Pseudo-genetics run rampant through the herp community, and while oversimplified definitions are an easy shortcut to helping beginners understand what a morph is exactly, they cause more misunderstanding in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallawalla View Post
Also dragonling out of curiosity what kind of morphs can a snow make?
A snow is homozygous for amel and anery, two recessive mutations. Snow is very similar to blizzard because charcoal is considered an "anery-type" (sometimes referred to as Anery B) mutation; it removes red and yellow pigment. When you add amelanism, which removes black and brown pigment, you end up with a mostly white snake. Anery and charcoal do not remove the pigment perfectly, and many aneries still have quite a bit of yellow, so you can still see a little bit of pattern on some blizzards, and usually even more so on snows. Pigmentation is a complex thing in reptiles.

So the only things you can visually produce with a snow are more snows, amels, aneries, and normals.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:29 PM   #20
Wallawalla
Wow thank you I'll read about genetics

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google