• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Last time I fed Loopy he ate butt first too! First time he'd done that. I imagine once they have to deal with mouse tails that will change!

Attachments

• mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 150
Sorry it's on the dark side.

As you all recall, Cleo was not an enthusiastic eater when she first came home. Tonight she didn't exactly strike, but she took the pinky from the tongs and the ceiling light was on.

Butt end first, of course, even though I offered her the head. She bit the side and worked her way to the nether regions. That's my girl!

She did weigh in at 16 grams as I hoped, and took a 3 gram pinky.

Atlas still tries to start at the side too, although he's not picky about what direction from there.

She looks great!

Atlas still tries to start at the side too, although he's not picky about what direction from there.

She looks great!

Thank you so much Kalista! I love her so much. They all have their own special little personalities which are endearing.

Cleo and I send best regards to Atlas!

Out and about today.

These are the first natural light pics I've gotten of my "golden girl", Cleo, since she shed a week and a half ago. You can see even at this young age her yellow is starting to come out :)

She had a little bed excursion and then crawled in my hands for a while.

If I do say so myself, she's so pretty. She was 19 grams at the last weigh in 4 days ago. I love her so much <3 !

NX85N2Rl.jpg

zHwyajWl.jpg

50tg5MOl.jpg

KeFJma4l.jpg

Wow, she's becoming pretty golden. It was a really nice pickup.
I love the last 2 pics. Her face markings make her look angry. So funny, haha. Cleo, the grumpy snake, new internet meme :p

Really enjoying watching this little girl grow! Go Cleo! (I'm half-Egyptian so I'm just a little bit biased for loving that name :p )

Wow, she's becoming pretty golden. It was a really nice pickup.
I love the last 2 pics. Her face markings make her look angry. So funny, haha. Cleo, the grumpy snake, new internet meme :p

Yeah, you can really only see them in close ups, but she seems to have little snakey "eyebrows". She's really sweet so she only looks fierce! I knew when I got her she would get yellow, but it's amazing how deep it's getting, especially her front half.

Really enjoying watching this little girl grow! Go Cleo! (I'm half-Egyptian so I'm just a little bit biased for loving that name :p )

Thanks. That's neat about your being part Egyptian! Cleo sends her regards. :)

She is so pretty!! Just wait- she will be SO yellow when she's done!!

Thank you so much. i know this is only a preview of yellow to come. I'm going to try to get pics after every shed in natural light. This is lit from a north window by the way, so not a hint of sun to enhance what you see here.

Very pretty! She's growing up! Any 'natural' light is best I think. Doesn't even need to be direct sunlight. Photos can change so much from just the light source. I'm not even gonna tell you how much Loopy weighs! ... he's still just a little kid! But he ate yesterday so he's definitely not starving. Oh well, I suppose he's happy.

Very pretty! She's growing up! Any 'natural' light is best I think. Doesn't even need to be direct sunlight. Photos can change so much from just the light source. I'm not even gonna tell you how much Loopy weighs! ... he's still just a little kid! But he ate yesterday so he's definitely not starving. Oh well, I suppose he's happy.

:D Now you've given me another pet name for her! Little Miss Sunshine.

How much does Loopy weigh? You gotta tell me. They all grow at their own rate! Remember that Cleo has only gained 5 grams with me and she's never constricted, lol. I'm sure he is happy. He's such a sweet little guy and you are such a good snake dad!

Oooooohh..... prreeeetttttyyyyyyy..... :D seeing her makes me want a butter so bad! I love the caramel morphs, butter is possibly top on my list though! Yellowy sneks are my fave! She looks like she's growing into her name pretty nicely - isn't that funny how that works?

I want to be alone!

She is a God and don't nobody forget it!

So true!

Oooooohh..... prreeeetttttyyyyyyy..... :D seeing her makes me want a butter so bad! I love the caramel morphs, butter is possibly top on my list though! Yellowy sneks are my fave! She looks like she's growing into her name pretty nicely - isn't that funny how that works?

Thank you. I've totally fallen in love with all things caramel myself. I have caramel tessera on my fav list for sure.

On the name, it fits her well 99% of the time. Today though, I thought I should have named her Garbo.

Cleo is digesting today. She sucked down 2-2 gram pinkies like they were nothing last night. Btw, her updated weight is 21 grams.

Now here's the Garbo part, this is not the first time I've found that substrate has been mounded up to close the hide door. This is no accident, this happens every time she goes in there. You can barely make out miss Cleo's chin at the top right "corner" of the door. Too cute if I do say so myself!

PfoDSrNl.jpg

How much does Loopy weigh? You gotta tell me. They all grow at their own rate! Remember that Cleo has only gained 5 grams with me and she's never constricted, lol. I'm sure he is happy. He's such a sweet little guy and you are such a good snake dad!

Okay! I weighed him today ... drum roll please ... 15 g! So, I'm thinking of the next feeding maybe 2 small pinkies? He should be shedding soon, although I can't tell by his eyes so much. He looks really 'pale' and his last shed was Oct 18th. Not sure if by the next feeding he'll eat or not!

Back