CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

might have hurt my snake

Old 06-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
destinywilder
Unhappy might have hurt my snake

just a few minutes ago i went to check on my snake, cinnamon, and i noticed he was on the top lip of his tank. i was super worried he was going to fall, so i lifted up the lid and well.. he fell. i didnt mean for him to fall, i was going to scoop him up gently and put him back down because i dont know how else he would've gotten down. obviously it wasnt a very big fall as it's only a 10 gallon tank but im still worried, since hes only a very tiny baby. after he fell he went into his half log hide and took a very defensive position, going into an S shape like he was about to strike. im kind of worried. i might be worrying about nothing but who knows... he's had a very rough few days here already.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
Dragonling
He's likely only startled. I've seen hatchlings especially take quite a tumble without injury. The worst I saw was a hatchling take a flying leap out of a 7+ft rack onto concrete slab flooring...oof, but he didn't seem to be hurt at all. Happily scarfed down a meal an hour later.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:56 AM   #3
nicolefowler2005
When mine were little they would climb onto the lip all the time, they were basically testing the integrity of the cage and hoping to find a way out because they are escape artists!! I can't even begin to tell you how many times both of mine fell from the lip and they are both absolutely fine!! It's good that your worried though because it means your a good snake parent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #4
tiffimonsta
This literally JUST HAPPENED TO ME right now, I lifted the lid to mist the tank and suddenly I see my little guy fall off the lid (how the heck did he get up there?!) and plop onto his bedding. He must’ve gotten startled or been embarrassed cause he zipped into the nearest hide SO QUICKLY, haven’t seen him move that fast since I got him last Friday. First thing I did was search the forum to see if I hurt him, thankfully it seems like this happens with baby corns? ��

Old 10-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #5
DollysMom
If you have your corn snakes in your bedroom you will hear them fall in the night as they explore in the dark. Nothing like a snake thud to get your attention. Then you check on them and they look up at you like, “Who me?” It’s a normal occurrence.

Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #6
Karl_Mcknight
It only stands to reason, if a snake can crawl up to the top of the tank, it too can crawl back down if it wants to.

Corn snakes (all rats snakes for that matter) are climbers and climb trees often. They sometimes fall from trees too.

I seriously doubt your snake is going to be injured falling 1 or 2 feet from the top of the tank.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google