CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Long time reptile lover, first time keeper

Old 01-21-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
MrzWhiz
Long time reptile lover, first time keeper

Hi there !

I am looking to get all the info I possibly can before bringing home my first snake, and so far I’ve settled on corn snakes being a good fit for me! A few months ago a sweet little neglected bearded dragon fell into my lap unexpectedly. After lots of research on forums like this one, I finally feel confident in being a beardy mom & my little guy is in a whole new set up with everything he needs. Ideally I would use his old enclosure for my corn snake - 30inx12inx12in . I’m looking for thoughts on using this tank - too big for a baby? How long would an aging corn snake be comfortable in there before needing an upgrade. Any other newbie tips would be appreciated !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
Maevenish
If that's a 10gal or close a baby corn will be fine. My corn Peach is in a 40gal long at almost two years. I did keep her in a smaller tank but got a larger one as she grew. We just got a surrendered beardie too and he's in a 30 gal. I'm sorry no one else has responded yet. Take lots of pictures as the corn's grow fast. handle a bit every day to customize your corn to handling. My snake has only bit me once and let go immediately when she realized I wasn't her mouse. I can take her anywhere and she's very trusting. As they get bigger they get more curious. I've only got the one snake but I read alot and pay attention. If I can help I will. I love my Peach and she brings me such joy. Enjoy both your babies!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google