CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Second Try

Old 03-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #1
Cynic_013
Second Try

I got a corn snake end of last year, but it was having troubles I had never dealt with before and it did not make it. (Constantly regurgitating but having an appetite and otherwise seemingly fine) I was beginning to consider taking the poor thing to the vet when I came home and found it dead. It was very hard for me but I did learn something from it. Because a snakes stomach acid is so strong, when they regurgitate food, (especially more than once) you are supposed to skip a meal or two. This is because sores are formed in their throats due to the stomach acid and the sores need time to heal. I had never heard of such a thing before and whatever the babies problem was I definitely didn't help it. I am wiser now, though. I recently purchased a new corn snake and I'm hoping that things go well this time. I have only had him/her for a few days and I'm already attached. Now all I have to do is decide on a name.

Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #2
DollysMom
I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope that you don’t have any problems this time around. Please feel free to search the forums for information and to ask questions. Also, two important things that help prevent regurgitation are proper temperatures and not handling after feeding for several days. Best wishes with your new corn snake. They truly are wonderful pets. I’m finding that they are very good buddies to shelter in place with.

Old 03-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #3
Cynic_013
Thank you.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
SnakeCreations
Congrats on the new corn baby! Post pictures when you can, and good luck this go-round.

-Tonya

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google