• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I hope to soon have....

*salAMANDA88*

MoxieMakes MainersMighty
2 more snakes...I am not sure what they are yet....
I have a friend who is in one of my college classes, and she has a big barn behind her house...she said, that she moved a hay bail the other day, and two white and red striped snakes were under it....I guess they got away...and she does not like snakes..so she thought nothing of it...but we live in Maine..that is not a native snake...no way...she said she saw them before too...so I asked her to grab them next time and put them in a pillow case and give me a call...
I hope to hear from her soon....as soon as I get them I'll post pics...
she said the stripes are accross the body..not length wise...
any ideas on what they might be..I know this is pretty open to many possibilities.....
thanks a bunch
~amanda~

ooo..poop..you really think its a coral snake up here?...I was hoping that it was some srt of milk snake or king snake...I wasn't sure...now I hope she's careful not to get bit...:duck:

I wish I knew more about them....but she didn't really get a good look..I think she was freaked out a bit..lol

Try looking up snakes native to your area, we had someone call in our library today looking for info on local snakes. She was going to come in, but didn't I was so excited to help her figure out what her snake was (all I got was it was grey possibly, and possibly had stripes)

I have a few field guides on snakes, and one on reptiles and Amphibians....and I don't see any snakes that look like that..and i pretty sure..here in Maine we do not have any snakes that have many rings or stripes of color...the white and red...so I really do not know...
I am excited as all hell to find out tho..:crazy01:

Back