CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Chat issues

Old 03-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
***Beth***
Chat issues

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place, wasn't quite sure where to post this...

Every time I try to get into Chat, a new window pops up with a blank grey screen that says "Authentication failed." I'm using generic Iinternet Explorer. Do I need a certain amount of posts built up before I can use chat? What might be causing this issue? Thanks for any input.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
***Beth***
Here's a screenshot....

Old 03-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
Nanci
Well, I was able to sign in on IE, Opera and Firefox. I don't do Chrome. I would try signing out of cornsnakes.com and closing your browser and rebooting your computer.

Unfortunately, Chat seems to me to be very persnickety and does not treat everyone's computers equally, and it's virtually impossible to track down what is going on when someone has a problem, even for Rich.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
***Beth***
I've never been able to sign into chat. I've tried on my Toshiba laptop and on my Sony Vaio laptop both on quite a few different ocassions. Ah well, thought I'd ask. I am really loving this site and would love to be able to chat too. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Nanci
What if you try a different browser? IE sucks, anyway!!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #6
***Beth***
Just tried with Firefox.. no luck... Same thing, a grey pop-up that says Authentication failed.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
Nitelion94
I have pretty much the same problem on all but 3 computers. But it just stays a grey screen for me. On the computer im on now and 1 other it works fine. But I all so have a computer they will only wont on 1 browser. At my house the only way I can get it to work is to keep trying over and over and over and sometimes it will work

Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
Nanci
Nite, I see you in chat now- are you able to use it?

Beth, you should drop by the Did You Know thread for super-slow chat!

Old 03-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
Nitelion94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post

Yea im on 1 of the three that lets me use it.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #10
***Beth***
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post

I may do that. Ah well. I'll keep trying and maybe something might eventually work... Thanks for trying to help.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google