CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

What Is The Board of Inquiry And Why Should I Care?

Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Nanci
Arrow What Is The Board of Inquiry And Why Should I Care?

Follow This Link To The Board Of Inquiry!

BOI stands for Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Every single time you buy a snake (or other reptile) you would be wise to do a search on BOI for the person you are buying from. Even if it's someone you've seen on here, every day, with 50,000 posts- even if it's me! You still need to check people out. When you sell a snake it's a good idea to check up on your buyer, too. This is how you find out whether someone is an honest business person or a dishonest crook.

It pays to read through a whole thread, though, if you find a Bad Guy post. Often the person who posted had an ax to grind, or it is an innocent misunderstanding. So read everything out there.

If you _can't_ find a person on BOI, you can post an inquiry thread, asking if anyone has any info about a person or business, or if anyone has had interaction with them.

After purchasing an animal, if you have a nice experience, it's nice to post that on the BOI, so there is information for the next customer to find.

If you feel you need to make a Bad Guy post on BOI, make sure you read and understand the rules first. You can't ever take it back, and an apology may never be seen way at the end of a thread. It's best to try to resolve the issue using other methods first.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
crackerhead
I don't know why this valuable info hasn't been posted here all along.

Nicely done Nanci!

Terri

Old 01-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Nanci
Hey new members! This thread is here for a REASON!! Make sure you ALWAYS check the BOI when purchasing a snake- even if you see the ad in the For Sale section on this site! Protect yourself- don't make a risky purchase!!

Old 02-05-2012, 03:09 AM   #4
beautifullywild77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Hey new members! This thread is here for a REASON!! Make sure you ALWAYS check the BOI when purchasing a snake- even if you see the ad in the For Sale section on this site! Protect yourself- don't make a risky purchase!!
We have gotten quite a few new members and I have spoke with some in chat that wanted to buy snakes but werent sure about the seller so I sent them to check em out on the BOI... Thought I would bump this so that the new members can read it.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...splay.php?f=13

Old 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Christen
Just a little Bumperoo for a good cause.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
lousi
thank you for posting this!

Old 03-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Nanci
Bump for new members!!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
Nanci
Bump for new members, AGAIN!!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
Nanci
Bump for new members!!

Old 10-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
lorlor54
How do I search on the BOI ???

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google