• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

How do you feel about God.

Lavender? (I kid, I kid.)

I prefer a cheerful lord.
jesus_rollerblading_christ_large.jpg

However, I do not believe that Christianity is the only way to find your spiritual path in life. I'm open in my beliefs.

In my opinion all the world religions are talking about the same thing when you cut past all the fat. One higher power. I think that language barriers, cultural isolation and political factors have altered the story into Christianity, Buddhism, Islam or what have you. The story is essentially the same, just a different take on it. No religion is right or wrong if it fulfills you spiritually. It's the righteous zealots that take it overboard who create such rifts between belief systems.

I miss my koi. ;_; Especially my orange kohaku, Kyou. She was frickin' awesome, especially for a 24 cent fish.

I had some of the most beautiful koi (well in my mind) in my pond and one day I noticed some missing. By the end of the week I was down to 10 fish. I was still baffled till my neighbor called and said you need to go look on your roof. Great Blue Haron was eating my fish. Jerk! Of course he ate the best one.

I like turtles.

:rofl:AWESOME:rofl:

I fully Believe in God. I cant walk outside without knowing he is real. God is not someone who demands you to worship him he gives the chance. He could if he wanted to but he wants people who truly love him and want to worship.

This is a debate that has all ways been and all ways will be. I will say to both sides insults will not help your point at all.

What if there was (is?) some (almost) omnipotent being (God?) who went around the universe starting up experiments in various galaxies? Maybe that being even set out up the physical laws that would guide the evolution of whatever DNA that was left on a particular planet to evolve as it interacted with the environment given to it. Then maybe this being went on to lots of other galaxies to do the same, and maybe comes back to monitor the experiments, although not necessarily each individual plant and animal on the planet.

I am not saying that is what I believe in. Just throwing it out there as a possible explanation that COULD account for creation. I guess that being would count as God - but not in the personal way most religions define God.

Just some fodder for discussion.

"Come with me, where chains will never bind you
all your grief, at last at last behind you
Lord in Heaven, look down on him in mercy"

"Forgive me all my trespasses, and take me to your glory."

"Take my hand, and lead me to salvation. Take my love, for love is everlasting. And remember, the truth that once was spoken to love another person is to see the face of God."

Fantine and Jean Valjean. Les Miserables.

I'm sure you meant no harm, but as mentioned, religion, politics and sex are 3 subjects many people avoid discussing unless you're eager for a debate that will often lead to just plain arguing and things said with feelings hurt that normally wouldn't have been.

Did I miss the sex debate?:noevil:

I am never surprised to hear people don't believe in God, but rather when they actually share my faith. I know I am in the minority.

I'm an atheist. Have been for 17 years. the way i see it, gods come and go. like the egyptian and greek gods. and if mankind doesnt completely destroy the earth, this new one will fall into myth too.

RRRRRRRRRRRREaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaelly??????? (Jim Carry voice)

I don't believe in God because I'm quite rational and have seen no proofs so far. Further I see no need to be religious, I think I live by the ten commands already just because I was brought up decent by my (non believing) parents. I only get itchy when people just can't understand that their belief is a belief and not factual, hence leave no room for other opninions. I respect people who are religious but accept and respect all other religions and the non believers. Still I don't understand why people think God would like you to live according to a set of rules, like not working on Sunday's or not eating pork or not drinking alcohol. Why would it not be enough to be just nice to others, help people in need if you can and not steal stuff or deceive people. I do voluntary first aid work for a local organisation and they are sponsored by Christian (commercial) organisations (at least partially). They don't want us to post for first aid stand by on Sunday events... that is a great example what Christianity should not be in my opinion. I can't understand why God would want us to leave people who don't rest on Sunday's on their own whn it comes to first aid. I'd better avoid a discussion like that with these sponsors because it might trigger my sarcastic side to show.

I'm an atheist. Have been for 17 years. the way i see it, gods come and go. like the egyptian and greek gods. and if mankind doesnt completely destroy the earth, this new one will fall into myth too.

I agree! There have been gods since humans existed. Every century or so, someone creates a new religion with a new set of gods. Right now, the major religion seems to be Christianity, but it will probably change eventually. It might even morph into no religion at all, who knows!

I am an atheist. I have been for 4 years. I fully respect people who are religious, but see no reason to become a religious person myself. I used to be a Christian, but I had too many questions that couldn't be answered by the Bible.

I do believe that we can have a civilized religious discussion on here! For me personally, I just can't devote a large portion of my life to something that has no proof of existence. I also think that the Bible may just be someone's fiction novel that was taken way too seriously. I am not trying to offend, but who knows? We were not alive back then (unless, of course, you're a vampire who's currently like 2000 years old!!!).

I had have religious discussions during school using the same points in the above text with no one taking offense, so forgive me if I upset someone!

Someone should do some REAL thread digging and find that thread! Might want to start with a search for "Sexual Fidelity." I miss Lucille!!

Last edited:
Back