CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you feel about God.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:24 PM   #61
SnakeAround
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Someone should do some REAL thread digging and find that thread!
Since it was probably the only one about sex around here it should easily be found if existing... don't you think

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #63
Bartholomew
I'm Baptist. I beleive in God. The Bible gives me proof that He is real. The blessings He has given me and my family give me proof He is real. The fact that I feel need to read the Bible lets me know He is real. My faith in him is the main thing that lets me know He is real.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength"
Phillipians 4:13 (NKJV)

"...The Lord doesn't see things the way you see them. People judge by outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart"
1 Samuel 16:7B (NLT)

God Bless you ALL. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:27 PM   #64
knox
Just to clear something up. I am not religious. I don't follow a religion of rules, trying to win my way into heaven. That is impossible.

I have a relationship with the One true God, who paid for my sins by the blood, death, and resurrection of His son, the Messiah, Jesus the Christ. Without His atonement for my sinful nature, along with the sins I commit against a holy God, I would be doomed to suffer for all eternity.

Nothing I do, no matter how "good", could ever win me favor in the eyes of God. Sin's penalty has always been death. It was the death of a perfect God in the form of Man that appeased His wrath once and for all.

No, it is not a religion. It is a relationship. All other religions call for man to work his way into heaven. Christianity is the only "religion" where God Himself loved enough to take the punishment upon Himself, and give that redemption freely to those who love Him, for those who hear His calling and believe in faith.

The wisdom of God is foolish to men. The wisdom of men is foolish to God. In a very short period of time, we will all realize the truth when we step into eternity.

Peace to all! Shalom!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #65
knox
Oh, and it is out of love and gratitude that I obey my Lord's teaching. He is my master, and I am His willing slave. He purchased me with His very life, giving me eternal peace and blessings for all eternity. So I humbly and with great joy bow down before the King of kings, the Lord of the universe. It is a pleasure to obey instead of sin. And the blessings that come from obedience here on earth far outweigh the temporary pleasures of sin - which bring guilt and consequences.

This is my life. This is my joy. And it is as real and true as this sofa I am sitting on.

Again, peace to all.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #66
schnebbles
Well, Knox, I'm with ya!

Nanci - lol! I did have a typo, that's funny. You'd almost think I did it on purpose.

As far as religious conversations, my thoughts on what happens is that people who do believe in God and being saved, want so much to convince the non-believers to believe b/c we believe they will live tormented in hell for eternity. I know I hate when I see athiest or agnostic, personally, it makes me sad for them. But I know they have every right to believe what they want, but based on what I believe (entirely through faith) it's hard not to want to try and convince them to believe.

That's my take. I don't go gung ho on religion, I do wrong things. I don't go to church but I do have the one one one relationship Knox talked about. I don't think God cares if we work on Sunday, although He created it to be a day of rest, I think the pork thing was back in BC times and well drinking, I would think God would not get upset as long as we don't overindulge. We can also overindulge in snakes!

Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #67
anerybree
Christianity isn't a religion? What?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #68
Lyion
Hmm... Well if there was such a thing as a god, then how could I stand to not be one for five minutes? All kidding aside, I don't believe in God, and don't want to worry about such a thing. Anyways, I think that if God did exist, then Auschwitz would not, nor would judgemental people. I don't judge anyone on religion, and thing religion has done the opposite of it's initial purpose, bringing people apart. And, religions are often changed based on greedy situation. Soda became fine for mormens to drink once they got stock in cola.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #69
schnebbles
are you talking to me? I was raised Baptist, and am Christian but I'm sure plenty of other "religions", Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist are Christians. I don't know if there is a difference between calling Christianity it self as a religion vs all of the various ones.

I do think it's strange that the Muslims faith is supposed to be non violent. I'm sure most muslims are non violent, but I don't get how the ones who do what they do think that's right if they are a non violent religion.

Old 11-22-2011, 07:59 PM   #70
knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerybree View Post
Christianity isn't a religion? What?
I don't believe it is a religion. To those of us who follow Christ, it is a relationship. It is communion with God through prayer and His word.

The fact that there are many religions in itself ousts Christianity as one of them. For me personally, labeling Christianity as a religion is trying to equate it with other belief systems.

All of life, all of creation makes sense to me when filtered through the word of God. And those things that don't seem to make sense at one time or another are still under the sovereignty of my God who has all power in His hands. So I can still trust.

Of course, this is foolish talk to those who do not believe. I was once there, but the Lord lovingly opened my eyes and saved me from the very sin that enslaved me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google