CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Welcome to Cornsnakes.com: User Guide and Tips for New Members
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
suecornish
Newbee

Hi. I just signed on today. My husband and I adopted two snakes from a co-worker; a 6 year old black banded King snake and a 8 year old Snow Corn snake. If someone told me a year ago I would be so entertained and get enjoyment from having snakes I would have told them they were crazy.

This past weekend I just had to get my own snake. A common Corn snake that I call Gaia which means Mother Earth Spirit. I will probably be needing a lot of help with the little one.

Thanks for having this site.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:13 AM   #12
Dave123
Hello and Welcome to the Forums!!! You can make your own thread, but thats okay.

So you live in Rock Hill, I am in Charlotte NC.

Nice to meet you.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
suecornish
Smile

Hi David. Glad to meet you too. It might be nice to start a new thread on how people got into keep snakes. might be some interesting reading. Right now I have three. Actually, the two adults are my husband's and the new baby is mine. I am trying to find a snake vet and having no luck. Do you know of one or have one you use? It's kind of scary to have to be your pet's vet not knowing anything.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:55 PM   #14
gwb8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecornish
Hi David. Glad to meet you too. It might be nice to start a new thread on how people got into keep snakes. might be some interesting reading. Right now I have three. Actually, the two adults are my husband's and the new baby is mine. I am trying to find a snake vet and having no luck. Do you know of one or have one you use? It's kind of scary to have to be your pet's vet not knowing anything.
actually, this is a welcome thread in general for newer people to kind of "learn the ropes" of the site and get accustomed to the rules.
if you go to the main page and look at the first section, you will see a link to the section for introductions. also, if you scroll down a bit on the main page, you will see a link for photo gallery.......you could post some pics of your snakes there as well.

galen

Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
MikeSaw23
Nice job!
Good way to get the point across.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #16
Dave123
Quote:
Originally Posted by suecornish
Well I have not been to any herp vet around here. So I can't really help you there, but here is a good website to look at and see if there is a vet anywhere near you. http://www.herpvetconnection.com/

Old 04-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #17
sprdonkey
Excellent summary...

Thank you for providing such an excellent summary of the the way the world goes round here. I am rather new to forum surfing and my previous experiences had turned me off to them...most are a just a big mess.Thank you again.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 AM   #18
sprdonkey
That is a really good idea...Has it been done yet? I keep reading all of this and wondering why I never see member stories...i.e. how everybody got started. We are all trying to breed beauties but does anybody just sit and watch em cruise around anymore? For me, Corsnakes are like goldfish...watching them swim is soothing. lol.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 AM   #19
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprdonkey
Thank you for providing such an excellent summary of the the way the world goes round here. I am rather new to forum surfing and my previous experiences had turned me off to them...most are a just a big mess.Thank you again.
Maybe you missed this part of the summary ( ) :

1) SIGNATURE AREAS – PLEASE limit signature areas to no more than 4 lines total. BLANK lines embedded in your signature DO count as a line! Please no graphics or animations in signature areas. Graphics are allowed in avatars, but please no animations (i.e. .GIF).
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #20
zwyatt
Yeah, and perhaps I should edit in a line or two about newest mods, to help the newer members find the "people in charge ( )".

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread