CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Getting tired of it...

Old 01-18-2007, 06:04 AM   #91
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal
And I don't remember the post, but no, I don't think the only thing that matters is that we all love our snakes.
My point was that if you love cornsnakes, you're welcome here. This place isn't just for experts. It's for cornsnake lovers and owners. No specifications as to why or in what quantity you keep corns.

I feel you're getting the wrong end of the stick - I'm not trying to say you have to reply to a thread even if it doesn't interest you. What I AM saying is don't assume a thread is going to be uninteresting because it wasn't made by someone with 50+ snakes or 20 years experience.

Tyflier, great post btw.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:30 AM   #92
snakemom1961
Well I've read this whole thread, and yes I am just a "pet owner". I guess I'll just continue to come and read, and if anyone askes for advice, that I either personally have experience in or have read about I will refrain from answering since I'm one of the "experienced" breeders. Is there a forum for just us pet owners out there anywhere?

Old 01-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #93
Tom Tuttle
I must say that my enthusiasm has also been on the decline lately.
I'm really getting fed up with the personal attacks , flaming, etc. There is already such a wealth of information here if only the search feature was utilized more. I miss the ones who don't visit here !
Hopefully they will return. It's nice to see alot of new people using this site too!

( Forest Gump voice) "And thats all I got to say about that for now"

Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 AM   #94
TandJ
My view point is this..

There is a lot of self centered and spoiled babies on both sides of things.. Neithier side likes to be called on it.. Believe, I am just as disppointed with this site as I am the other. I don't chat here anymore regularly, and I don't chat there regularly any more eithier. Apparently, responsibilty for our actions and reactions does not rank up nearly as high as pissing and moaning about what someone else had to do.. Yea, guess what, I am guilty of whining about this one and that one from time to time, but I don't make it a ritual to sit there and bad mouth or mock other people on regular basis to make myself feel good and laugh about it..

I don't play games, I don't like games, I don't like whispers in PM talking one thing and suddenly on the public forums it becomes something else.. I want very little to do with many of the members here and there, I don't want to be associated with the BS that continues. I have a business I am trying to get going, and I want to at least look semi professional, and not look like some cheesy, high school kid, laying in a ditch somewheres, with a brain full of chemicals. I have pesonal responsibility and accountability for me..

Ah well.. I feel my thread will have been made in some lame, pointless attempt to wake people up to reality..

C'est La Vie.. Tim of T and J

Old 01-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #95
desertanimal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
My point was that if you love cornsnakes, you're welcome here. This place isn't just for experts. It's for cornsnake lovers and owners. No specifications as to why or in what quantity you keep corns.

I feel you're getting the wrong end of the stick - I'm not trying to say you have to reply to a thread even if it doesn't interest you. What I AM saying is don't assume a thread is going to be uninteresting because it wasn't made by someone with 50+ snakes or 20 years experience.

Tyflier, great post btw.
Right ok. I see what you're saying. Thanks for clarifying it for me. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think anyone assumes a thread is going to be uninteresting because it wasn't made with 50+ snakes or 20 years experience. I mean, how COULD they, I have only 7 snakes and 1 year of experience, and look at all the scintillating posts I've made! I don't think we're really disagreeing here, just focusing on different sides of the same issue.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #96
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal
What I'm trying to say is that I don't think anyone assumes a thread is going to be uninteresting because it wasn't made with 50+ snakes or 20 years experience.
I believe that they do... obviously my examples were exaggerated but they were just that, examples. I think a lot of members here will be more willing to listen from advice from someone like Dean, Jazz, etc, than a new member with 1 snake. And that's fair enough in a way, because of course we all know Dean and Jazz better than this newb and probably respect and trust them more. But I just feel there's a trend to assume that because someone is new, or has few corns, their advice isn't worth listening to. Being new to a forum doesn't mean you're new to keeping corn snakes.

I understand where you're coming from, and you understand where I'm coming from, so I'm very happy to leave it at that. I don't aim to forcefully change people's viewpoints - just voice mine Good discussion

Old 01-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #97
Plissken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plissken
I believe that they do
Hmm. This didn't sound right when I re-read my post. It sounded a tad too strong - nobody here persecutes newbs!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 AM   #98
Nanci
Tom- I _love_ the photos of the KSBs you post. I have learned so much about them by asking questions that I didn't even know I had until I saw the pics. I just want you (and every one) to know that the pics are so valuable as a learning experince.

Nanci

Old 01-18-2007, 11:59 AM   #99
snakemom1961
As a newbie I did come here for advice, and found the people here very helpful.

I just feel this thread has become a division between the old/new people here

I don't care if you own 100 snakes or 1 snake, what matters to me is if you have an answer to my question that I've tried to search and couldn't find an answer to.

Am I a dope for not being able to find that answer? I don't think so, maybe I didn't
search right, but I still did try the search first. I've had Tiaga for 3 years and found out soooooooooooo much valuable information on here as a "pet keeper", and I couldn't thank you all more for your wisdom. However I will say after this thread I do feel as though being "just a pet owner", either my own expeirence or something I read and am wiling to pass on to someone, isn't favored by the "breeder's" here, sorry if this sounds harsh, but is how I have felt from day one.

Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #100
snake5007
How long do you have to have been here for to be classed as "old"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google