CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Getting tired of it...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #61
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertanimal

SO FUNNY! Tears, I tell you, tears. I will reply here because I do not bemoan the contentiousness of this forum.
Nor do I. I too enjoy a good debate, as long as it's the issue and not the person that's being debated.

Quote:
I come here every day for mbdorfer's pics and will continue to do so!
LOL, I'm here for Mike's musical and "child of the 70s" references.

When you get to this age, you'll understand. (Now get off my lawn.)

regards,
jazz

Old 01-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #62
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzgeek
Nor do I. I too enjoy a good debate, as long as it's the issue and not the person that's being debated.

regards,
jazz
And I come here because you, jazzgeek, never fail to make me laugh and realize just how serious this internet business is supposed to be...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:39 AM   #63
Tula_Montage
Quote:

regards,
jazz
You have to love Mike

Best Thread Titles of the year goes to him...

Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 AM   #64
desertanimal
Quote:
[/i]LOL, I'm here for Mike's musical and "child of the 70s" references.

regards,
jazz
I'm pretty sure when I'm your age, the 70s references will still escape me, but maybe I'll get the teenager of the 90s references. Technically, I think I was a child of the 80s, but I missed all of that, because I was outside flipping rocks.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 AM   #65
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
And I come here because you, jazzgeek, never fail to make me laugh and realize just how serious this internet business is supposed to be...
Thanks, Chris, but another Chris has always put it best:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cka, destined for the ages
It's just snakes.
(intentionally misspelled )

This "internet bidness" is as serious or silly, fun or boring, as you make it.

regards,
jazz

Old 01-17-2007, 02:28 AM   #66
lefty_mussolini
Well... where to start???

This topic is something that I've thought about quite a bit. I'm just going to give personal feelings. Some of you may have the same feelings. Some of you may not. That doesn't matter though. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. I'm just posting how I feel about the current situation. If you do relate to what I'm going to say... cool. Maybe we can start a club

I've been a member here for a little while, and I have noticed things have changed on the forum. I've been a member of this world for 25 years and 8 months and I can't help but notice that many things have changed in the world in that time too. Things change. I'm not going to get all broken up about it. I will just try to make the place/time that I'm in, a tolerable place/time to be a part of.

I do think that the biggest part of what has changed around here is that quite a few people have left. Some of them were people that were regulars here that made the place what it was. But they are gone, so now it's different. Many times in this thread it has been said that this forum used to have a very "homey" feel and that it is gone now. Have you ever lived in a home where the older kids went off to college? It takes a little time to re-adjust and get that feeling of home and family back after part of that family leaves, but it happens. It's time for all of the rest of us kids to step up to the plate and get that family feeling back, rather than bicker and complain that things are different.

And I think that to feel that the Chat thread didn't have a huge part in this big change is kind of silly. It drove a few people out of here. Whether the chat thread was the only issue, or just the straw that broke the camel's back is neither here nor there. People did leave because of that thread. And I'm not hesitant in saying that I was pretty disappointed with the people that completely left because of it. That thread was so stupid and silly and I couldn't believe that people were taking it so seriously.

And yes, I do agree that hobbyist breeder/pet owner ratio has changed. And it will change again. And again. And again.
Sorry pet owners, but the topics that interest me most are the breeder oriented topics. No offense, but I deal with MANY pet owners everyday at work. I don't come home to get on the computer and do the same. That doesn't mean, however, that I don't think that you should post about your pets. Post away. I'm glad that you love and are caring for your animals. But I am less likely to read the pet oriented threads.
Now to the breeders. *whispers* Just wait a couple of months. Half of the pet owners will be breeders.
Dean said it himself. Most of us started out as pet owners. We came here for info and to share our pics of our pets. Then we got out of control and bought a million snakes. The only thing that has changed is that there are a few less breeders here. Again, a bit of a change on our forum that we are still adjusting to. Give that a few months. We will see who the next Dean's or Trevor's will be.

All in all, I think the changes that have come up recently have been taken too seriously by too many people. Things change. Let's not let it get to us. Everyone being uptight about things having changed is causing people to lash out, which is causing more unpleasant change.

To all of the old timers that are sick of the n00bs, and to all of the n00bs that are asking "wut is rong wit mah sanke?!?!?!111"...
Let's make this place home again

Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM   #67
CaptBogart
It seems I have a lot of reputation to spread around...

Hey Jazz, I found the Comet under the sink... and a couple Hale-Bopp members...

Old 01-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #68
El Jefe
Quote:
As we continue to cite our links for what personally constitutes an "annoying thread", and as we continue to request said links for "proof" of the contention that's been going on as of late, guess what happens?

This thread will morph into an annoying, contentious thread.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of irony.

regards,
jazz
Short and concise....and right on the button. I like it.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #69
Clint Boyer
[quote=dionythicus]I'm getting frustrated with the direction this forum seems to be taking. [quote]

This site started out as an alternative to another corn snake site which had some issues.

As this site developes, it will change. I haven't been visiting this site consistantly like I did for a year or more. Honestly, I don't come to corn snake sites for idle gossip or basic care discussion.

My surfing style is evolving, I now open several windows with a different site in each one and surf all of them trying to find what interests me.

I think these sites will continue to evolve since anyone and everyone can have a forum of some type. There will be sites that are very general to sites that are extremely specific.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #70
jzal8
Though I have not gotten involved before in these discussions, I feel compelled to say something now. It is simple, the reason that I am no longer interested in the things that go on here in this forum is because of threads like this. This thread is actually the perfect example. Instead of reading page after page about someones breeding experience, or project results...i am stuck reading someone's highschool hallway gossip and rants.

It took me a long time to decide that I was no longer happy on this forum, and I never once felt disrespected at all or backstabbed by anyone here. The simple fact is that besides a small number of members still active here that i could probably count on one hand, I just don't see the kind of quality posts that I did when I first started coming here.

I used to admire how resourceful this forum was. It used to feel really special to know that the cultivar/genetics thread i was following, was detailing the trials and tribulations of a ground breaking project. That is not present here anymore, and garbage like this thread has replaced it.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here, and I will still remain an active member, though to what extent I don't know. I hope you all understand the point I am trying to get across.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google