CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Signature Areas: Reminder
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Susan
It won't become a tyrannical dictatorship until after I figure out how to permanently ban Dean, Mike, and most importantly, Rich.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
Mrs InsaneOne
Now I'm curious, what is used to count the four lines? Is it how the sig is viewed on the browser? The number of lines the sig fills before being submitted (which would include the bbc code used).

The reason I ask is because for those who have a 'wrap' around sig it takes up a different number of lines depending on how wide the browser is opened on any given monitor.

I'm not looking to questions your authority, Oh Mighty One, but I would like to know as my sig might be over on some people's PC's but not on mine! of course, I realize that not everyone has a 20-21" monitor to view the forums on! lol...

Jenn

Old 03-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #13
Jay@PJCReptiles
In my best rap voice and dance moves.................

Go Su-san! Go Su-san! Go!!!
Jay

Old 03-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #14
Nanci
Jenn, I think my laptop screen is 14"- and you only have three lines. Looks good to me!

Nanci

Old 03-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #15
Tula_Montage
I too have always wondered that... somtimes my signature is 5 lines on my laptop... On this 19" its 4. But I have seen people with over the limit sigs on the laptop before aswell, and its fine on this computer. What about those poor unfortunate souls with 12" screens!?

Old 03-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
Roy Munson
Good questions, Jenn and Elle. On my laptop monitor, my sig line is two lines, but I'm on a different pc at the moment and it's 4 lines (well, 3 lines + a little on the 4th line).

I guess the best guideline is to do what you can to limit your sig to four lines or less with your own browser/pc setup. I know I'm not going to be clicking around counting lines and sending off dozens of PMs. Some are very obviously way over the limit, and they should be reduced. If your sig area includes half the lyrics to your favorite song, or all 22 of your pets listed one per line, then you probably need to take care of it.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #17
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson
Good questions, Jenn and Elle. On my laptop monitor, my sig line is two lines, but I'm on a different pc at the moment and it's 4 lines (well, 3 lines + a little on the 4th line).

I guess the best guideline is to do what you can to limit your sig to four lines or less with your own browser/pc setup. I know I'm not going to be clicking around counting lines and sending off dozens of PMs. Some are very obviously way over the limit, and they should be reduced. If your sig area includes half the lyrics to your favorite song, or all 22 of your pets listed one per line, then you probably need to take care of it.
I think the point is to be responsible about your signature. 3 lines, 4 lines, 5 lines...what's the difference, really. I don't think Rich and Dean are going to spend a whole lot of time with 4 different computers each, all with different size monitors to see whom is breaking the rules.

But, if you have a signature that is 10 lines long...there is no mistake. You know your signature is too big, so fix it. Unless you have a 72" monitor, of course...

I have seen a few signatures that are pushing the 10 line mark. Those are the ones, I think, that will cause issues. Not the ones that are so close they are 4 lines on one PC and 5 on another.

But then again...I'm not the boss here. I'm just a lowly servant to the rulers up on high. I bow at thine feet, oh great Roy Munson, mbDorfer, and Susan. Thou shalt rule with impunity...or an iron fist...or something ...

Old 03-04-2007, 10:24 PM   #18
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyflier
But then again...I'm not the boss here. I'm just a lowly servant to the rulers up on high. I bow at thine feet, oh great Roy Munson, mbDorfer, and Susan. Thou shalt rule with impunity...or an iron fist...or something ...
Let 'Em Have It Ty. Sock it to 'em.....
Jay

Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM   #19
tyflier
If I can't beat them with aggression, I will kill them with kindness...and sarcasm...

And if that doesn't work, well then...I may just have to settle for playing nicely. But I don't have to like it ...

Old 03-05-2007, 12:26 AM   #20
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson

Sounds good to me! If it looks like an obvious and blatant disregard for the rules, you'll hear from one of us, and pray it isn't me as I'll be armed!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread