CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

A day at the stables

Old 03-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #11
patm1313
They're all really cool. I should ride more often...

Old 04-12-2008, 05:02 PM   #12
diamondlil
Spent yesterday at the stables, again ground too slippery for my riding lesson, the weather was changing from rain and sleet to sunshine, back to hailstones! The three mares due now are delaying their delivery because of the weather, but little Loulou is starting to bag up at last, with just a hint of waxing so the good news should be any day now. Spotted a cock pheasant strutting his stuff in the stallion's paddock

Old 04-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #13
diamondlil
Then I went to visit Coconuts and Joe. Joe was full of spring fever, Nuts is so heavy with foal she looks uncomfortable now. She's not bagging up yet at all.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:08 PM   #14
Tula_Montage
Joe looks so frisky! Those pictures are amazing. I wish I had the oppertunity to do equine photography.

Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #15
Weebonilass
I really like that picture of the first stallion - Andulsian? I'm use to stallions that didn't have to be tied, although I'll admit there were a couple that I wouldn't trust without tying them up. I love those mild mannered gentleman.

Those ladies are waiting for a major storm to come through... then they will pop. It's in the Horsie Manual I hope to spend a little bit of time with mine tomorrow, but it'll depend on the weather. We've had so much rain that there is standing water in his lean-to

Old 04-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #16
diamondlil
I'm so looking forward to the foals at the stables! I'm to be official photographer for their sales pictures, because I'm starting to get good portraits. I'm working a lot on getting the mares used to me, in preparation.
Nuts' foal won't be sold, but will live with her forever, so I'll be involved in it's life right from the start, in handling it from birth, backing it in a few year's time

Old 04-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #17
diamondlil
Yep, Ginger, both the stallions are adalusians. They're only 3 and 4 years old, so still babyish in their ways. Which as you know is a bit risky when they don't know their own strength! I only go in their paddocks when the owner is there, they have total respect for him and behave nicely when he tells them to. I usually limit my contact to giving them kisses over the fence! The older, lighter coloured stallion is quite nippy, but I insist he behaves or I won't stroke him until he is being nice

Old 04-13-2008, 01:54 AM   #18
fu1bar3
Joe is cute!! what breed is he? I would love to have a Gypsy Vanner.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #19
alan
Not to dis your horse pics but thank you for that gorgeous pheasant picture. Where (and when) I grew up they were common. We called them ringnecks. I haven't seen one or heard that noise for 30 years.

Old 04-13-2008, 02:42 AM   #20
cassandra
Awesome pictures! I miss the sweet, warm smell of a freshly brushed horse...mmm

Okay, for those not in the horsie know..."bagging up" and "backed up" mean what exactly? =)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google