CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

I hope to soon have....

Old 10-18-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
*salAMANDA88*
Talking I hope to soon have....

2 more snakes...I am not sure what they are yet....
I have a friend who is in one of my college classes, and she has a big barn behind her house...she said, that she moved a hay bail the other day, and two white and red striped snakes were under it....I guess they got away...and she does not like snakes..so she thought nothing of it...but we live in Maine..that is not a native snake...no way...she said she saw them before too...so I asked her to grab them next time and put them in a pillow case and give me a call...
I hope to hear from her soon....as soon as I get them I'll post pics...
she said the stripes are accross the body..not length wise...
any ideas on what they might be..I know this is pretty open to many possibilities.....
thanks a bunch
~amanda~

Old 10-18-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
snakewispera snr
If the red is next to the white.... OOOOOOOOOO

Old 10-18-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
*salAMANDA88*
ooooo...what?...

Old 10-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
RobbiesCornField
Red touches yellow: Kill a fellow.
Red touches black: You're okay, jack!

At least, I think that's the reference.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:04 PM   #5
*salAMANDA88*
ooo..poop..you really think its a coral snake up here?...I was hoping that it was some srt of milk snake or king snake...I wasn't sure...now I hope she's careful not to get bit...

Old 10-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
*salAMANDA88*
I wish I knew more about them....but she didn't really get a good look..I think she was freaked out a bit..lol

Old 10-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
Nanci
Probably a milksnake!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:08 PM   #8
*salAMANDA88*
Thats what I am hoping for...but..ya never know..

Old 10-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #9
sarcare
Try looking up snakes native to your area, we had someone call in our library today looking for info on local snakes. She was going to come in, but didn't I was so excited to help her figure out what her snake was (all I got was it was grey possibly, and possibly had stripes)

Old 10-18-2008, 06:49 PM   #10
*salAMANDA88*
I have a few field guides on snakes, and one on reptiles and Amphibians....and I don't see any snakes that look like that..and i pretty sure..here in Maine we do not have any snakes that have many rings or stripes of color...the white and red...so I really do not know...
I am excited as all hell to find out tho..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google