CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

WOOOT BARRACK OBAMA

Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM   #41
jpccusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
True! Arnold Scwarzeneggar was making fun of his scrawniness.
How ironic, since he is the one who has/had an unnatural looking body...

Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 PM   #42
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
Well, now that he's gone and won this thing...please....somebody....throw him a sandwich or something. I think he's lost weight during the campaign.
Twenty-five years ago, Eddie Murphy proposed a theory about this.

(Warning: Not suitable for work or children!)

Dale

Old 11-05-2008, 03:45 PM   #43
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
That should have been an easy one . . . just going on the two words you used, I could vote for someone I didn't like, but couldn't for someone I didn't trust.

D80

PS. I ended up voting for the one I didn't like.
Me too... unfortunately.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #44
SnakesRule1234
Wow... I was so happy this morning when I turned on the news. It's kind of hard to believe, in a good way.

I mean, if you like him or not, he made history, and I think that it's amazing that he went through with the election and won.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #45
The_Thunderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
True! Arnold Scwarzeneggar was making fun of his scrawniness.
Well, it is over and like him or not he is our new pres. I had hoped those who voted against him could be as gracious about the defeat as McCain was in his concession speech, but I guess that is asking too much.
Sorry if this is a DP, but I didn't see this one.

Here's my schtick... I voted against him, but I'm still an American and he will be my President. I will respect him and his office, BUT, I also have every right to disagree with whatever policies he proposes that I don't like. I have every right to be vocal (or not) about those policies.

THIS is much different and more generous than what I've seen from others (even here) regarding our current President... who I ALSO have much disagreement with.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #46
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post
Sorry if this is a DP, but I didn't see this one.

Here's my schtick... I voted against him, but I'm still an American and he will be my President. I will respect him and his office, BUT, I also have every right to disagree with whatever policies he proposes that I don't like. I have every right to be vocal (or not) about those policies.

THIS is much different and more generous than what I've seen from others (even here) regarding our current President... who I ALSO have much disagreement with.
I'm glad you respect his office and agree with what you've written for the most part, but after 8 years of Bush ( whom I did NOT vote for) I think I have the right to be a little more than un-generous with what he's done to this country and the world as a whole. Thousands of American soldiers and innocents have died and been maimed as a direct result of a decision he made based upon fabricated evidence that he promoted! He IS a war criminal.
If in four or eight years...If Obama does anything similiar, I WILL also be more than un-generous with him as well, actually more so because I voted for him.
He hasn't even taken the oath and people have decided that he isn't "their" president, and that they're leaving the country ( the grass is always greener...) and they won't give his presidency a chance!

Old 11-05-2008, 04:10 PM   #47
Drizzt80
Don't forget Bush alone isn't responsible for the "past 8 years" nor for the war in Iraq. Obama alone will not be responsible for whatever direction the country takes in the next 4 either.

D80

Old 11-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #48
starsevol
^^^^
Yup, Yup, the guy who signs bills into law, is not the same as the entity that writes the laws....

Old 11-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #49
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thunderer View Post

Fred, it's good to see we have the same "schtick".

I voted for President Bush in 2000.

I did NOT vote for President Bush in 2004.

I voted for President-Elect Obama yesterday.

I consider both men "my President", as this is MY country (hey, that should be a song!). And when I disagreed with President Bush, I've made my disagreements known.

And I will continue to do so with President Obama. I consider it a sacred civic duty, as it were.

Hell, I'll even get the ball rolling:

I am disappointed in President-Elect Obama's selection of Rahm Emmanuel as his Chief Of Staff. I don't care for Mr. Emmanuel at all.

That said, I look forward to your written disagreements with President Bush.

Dale

Old 11-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #50
Drizzt80
Ooooh, oooooh! The other one I love is how, you know when they like talk about Bush and how he's so deftly orchestrated the downfall of American society and culture and like, everything . . . but then turn around and talk about how stoooopid he is. That's always a good one.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google