CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

Old 08-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
VinnyJ
2009 Yahoo - Pro Football Pickem - Contest - Prizes

It's that time of year again. Time to pick each weeks winning NFL football teams... or at least who YOU THINK is going to win. This contest is Free to play and there is room for 50 people.

For those that have never played this is how it works:
  1. You post in this thread that you want to play
  2. I'll PM you instructions on how to join the 2009 Yahoo Pro Football Pickem league
  3. You create an account with the given instructions
  4. Each week you pick the NFL teams you think will win.
  5. At the end of the regular NFL season 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (Maybe 4th) place will win a prize for picking the most games correct. There are tie breakers in place in case of a tie.
Rules
  1. You must have a join date before the start date of this thread (to prevent anyone from joining just to win a prize).
  2. If you get banned from cornsnakes.com you are banned from this contest.
  3. After the regular season the person in 1st place gets his/her choice of prizes, 2nd chooses next, and so on.
  4. I reserve the right to substitute prizes if for some reason I cannot deliver one of the listed prizes. (Example:Animal dies,escapes,won't eat,didn't hatch).
  5. Winners pay for shipping.
  6. Anyone can play but I will only ship to the lower 48 states.
  7. Money for shipping must be recieved no later than 2 weeks after the end of the regular NFL season.
  8. If for some reason a winner can't or doesn't want to take delivery of a prize within one month of the contest being over the prize goes to the next person in line. (this does not include delays due to weather conditions)
  9. I will be playing but keeping none of the prizes.
  10. I reserve the right to change or modify the rules.
  11. Picks for the entire week must be completed and saved no later than 5 mins before the first game of the week (watch out for those Thursday games).
  12. If for some reason your picks didn't show up and you loose all your matches for the week there is nothing I can do about that. Please save your picks and review them to make sure they saved correctly.
Prizes
  1. 09 0.0.1 Hypo Lav Blood
  2. 09 0.0.1 Hypo Lav Stripe
  3. 09 1.0.0 Butter Stripe
  4. 09 1.1.0 Normal het Amel, Anery, Cinder, Hypo PH Stripe
Volunteer needed
I need a volunteer to post the overall results to this thread every Tuesday morning. Please let me know if you would like to do this.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Michael823
I am so interested. I love football, and would love to be involved in a pick em league. If you need someone to help out posting results, I am more than willing to do so. I just need to know the basics, because I have not been a part of any fantasy football or pick em type leagues.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
mike17l
Im in

Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
The_Thunderer
I'm in! Thanks! If you need me to be the Tuesday guy, I can do that, no problem.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
VinnyJ
PMs sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
If you need someone to help out posting results, I am more than willing to do so. I just need to know the basics, because I have not been a part of any fantasy football or pick em type leagues.
Thanks for volunteering. I might designate a few people actually just in case someone is busy and can't get to it. I'll probably do it the first week just to show everyone what to post.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #6
ArpeggioAngel
Hey Vinny - count me in again...time for the girls to kick some butt!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #7
Cornsnake124
i'm in again!! i swear i will get it this year!!! i had it in my clutches last year!!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
VinnyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
Hey Vinny - count me in again...time for the girls to kick some butt!
PM sent. You'll need another girl for it to be girls though. Where's the rest of the women on this site to back you up? Lol. Bring it Katie!

Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #9
gimpsnakelvr
i'm in too

Old 08-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #10
VinnyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpsnakelvr View Post
i'm in too
PM sent...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google