CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Bruise? Scale rot? Worse? Nothing?

Old 06-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Tracee
Bruise? Scale rot? Worse? Nothing?

Wow, I haven't been here in so long I locked myself out guessing my own password incorrectly!

Once upon a time Charlie was very well known on this forum, and for the first time in nearly 13 years he seems to have a health problem, but I just don't know what it is.

The only background I can give, if it's relevant, is that he is having repeated bad sheds just recently. The last two were in very quick succession; I bathed him to remove one incomplete shed and he went straight back into the blue phase. I thought this was possibly because I couldn't get every last little scale off his bottom jaw (not without pulling it the wrong way, and it was really stuck on there so since there was only a tiny amount, I left it assuming it would come off with the next shed).

Get home today, little strips of shed skin in the vivarium, and Sir Charles had had another bad shed. This time I noticed a patch of discoloured skin. The photos were taken whilst he was under water but hopefully you can see what I mean:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...4/DSCN8117.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...4/DSCN8118.jpg

Any ideas? In the macro shot it just looks like un-shed skin but I'm certain it isn't or I would have got it off along with all the rest today. (I did also remove the skin under his lower jaw, VERY slowly and carefully, a horrible experience for both of us!)

I really hope I'm worried about nothing but you all know what I'm scared it is.. He isn't just a snake to me, as I know a lot of yours aren't, and he holds even more sentimental value since my Dad, who bought wee baby Charlie for me when I was just 15, passed away unexpectedly not long ago.

Please let it be nothing... The vets here have no clue about snakes...

Old 06-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
ceduke
When one of mine went through a bad shedding phase, he had a couple of these patches. I made sure he had a moist hide for his next shed and they shed off and were never seen again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google