CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

feeding for 1st time

Old 06-29-2012, 04:24 AM   #1
screamindemon17
feeding for 1st time

How many days after the first shed should i wait to feed for the first time ? only 1 out of 12 have eatten. and should i use live pinkies for the first meal?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:32 AM   #2
bitsy
Deforsted pinkies should be fine. Even with new hatchlings, live is a last resort. I offer food for the first time as soon as they shed.

How are you feeding?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
screamindemon17
i have them in deli containers when i feed them . i let the thawed pinkie stay in the container with them over nite. so far only 1 has eatten and the rest just sleep and rest on or around the pinkie. the mother and father are very good eaters so i assumed they might have that drive to eat

Old 06-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
diamondlil
They probably still have enough yolk in their tummies that they aren't even hungry yet, they won't feed until they need to. Leave them a week and try again and try not to worry too much

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google