CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Adult corn snake hasn't eaten in 2 months! Please help!

Old 05-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #31
daddio207
Hi littlebip and welcome.
Since he is 8 years old and a very healthy male then I would keep to what Nanci has recommended. Your snake is most likely in breeding mode BUT that does not mean he needs too! It is a bad idea to introduce another snake just for the fact that so many things can go wrong with the female like egg binding. Also search co-habitation to see all the ill effects that can occur. What is your plan with the eggs and future hatchlings?
He WILL get over the urge to breed. A 8 year old very healthy corn snake can go months without eating with no ill effects.
Your concern is notable but NO WORRIES
We have enough Newbie's to the hobby that believe that they are going to produce the next super-morph or just want to do it for the fun of it. In your case to breed just to give your snake "relief" is even a worse idea. I say this in kindness to you and your snake

Old 05-03-2016, 02:04 PM   #32
littlebip
Thumbs up Thanks for Advice!

Thank you! I have been concerned, and i appreciate the sage advice. I will just handle him as usual and wait to feed him when he looks ready. BTW, and not that I'm planning to breed him, but do adult male corns eat babies (do you have to separate them after hatching)? Just wondered.

Old 05-04-2016, 01:23 AM   #33
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebip View Post
Thank you! I have been concerned, and i appreciate the sage advice. I will just handle him as usual and wait to feed him when he looks ready. BTW, and not that I'm planning to breed him, but do adult male corns eat babies (do you have to separate them after hatching)? Just wondered.
eggs are incubated separately from the parents so I have really no idea if an adult corn snake would eat a hatchling BUT babies can and have eaten other babies!!

Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 AM   #34
coeywong88
that's great

Old 06-26-2016, 06:10 AM   #35
coeywong88
sounds great

Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #36
adyharvey
Mine didn't eat for nearly 4 months, then he nearly took my hand off when i put yet another mouse into his viv. Never fed him in the viv before, but he seems to prefer it that way now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google