CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Sudden Kink?

Old 08-07-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
KatieL
Sudden Kink?

Recently (as in, since his last shed 5 days ago) Trogdor seems to have developed a sudden kink in his tail. I know for certain that this kink was not there before, and it is a recent development. I just don't know how it came to be...

He doesn't seem to be using the part of his tail as he usually does for gripping when he is out exploring. Do you think it could have possibly gotten broken somehow? He's really sensitive about it being touched. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what you think. Picture included below for your viewing pleasure.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
PtDnsr
Did all of his shed come off of the tail? Sometimes it's really hard to see the skin on the very end. Maybe it's possible there's still some skin and it's hurting him?

~Katie

Old 08-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #3
KatieL
Yeah, that was my first thought too. He has had problems with that in the past once or twice, but I've tried all the old tricks, and there's no skin coming off (and to be honest, I'm not even sure there truely is any skin stuck there this time). Also, he's usually pretty okay with the pressure on his tail to aid in the skin removal, but this time he's super sensitive about it. He's never really been jumpy, but touch his tail now, and he's jerking away as fast as he can!

I just don't know. At this point any speculation (no matter how far out) is welcome. I just hope the little guy's okay.

For now, I guess I'll keep working with the incomplete shed remedies after he has finished digesting.

Old 08-08-2005, 03:43 PM   #4
princess
What kind of closing mechanism does your viv have? I keep a lot of my babies in tubs with snap on lids and you have to be soooooo careful that little tail doesn't get in the way.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
MegF.
Looks more like an injury. I've never seen a deformity of the tail from a stuck on shed, just the tip dies off. He could have had a piece of viv furniture (log or hide or something) fall on it, or as Princess suggested, possibly caught his tail in the doorway

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google