CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Lucky, no feeding problem here!

Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #1
Lennycorn
Lucky, no feeding problem here!

I got a new hatchling, a butter, from Rich this Thurday. I put him in his viv once I got him. And did not handle.
Tonight, after my family and I came home (the wife and kids were asleep in the car) I decided to try to feed him. Some I went to the freezer in garage to get a f/t pinky and warm him up. Meanwhile, my youngest daughter decides to to clean her room. Here the viv is!! Bright lights, banging things around and the TV on. I have warm pinky in one hand and a brown paper bag I use as a feeding bag in other hand walking up to her room. The idea was, in the dark but snake in bag , he usually out at 10m, put pinky in. while house is quite!and wait.
Well snake is stress by now and I'm thinking not a good night for this, but I take him from viv anyway. Move him, pinky and paper bag to kitchen. I try to repeat above steps. It's a no go!
After 20 mins I put the snake,who is fighting me, in deli cup with a paper towel and put pinky in, close lid and put that in brown paper bag. Move again to den with only the PC monitor light and waited . Five minutes latter the pinky gone. I was lucky!
I should had waited. I feed my other snake at night too. When the house is quite and dark. Some thought for others.

Old 08-08-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
MegF.
Glad it worked out for you! Most are pretty cooperative when it comes to feeding. Now make sure you leave it alone for 2-3 days so that you don't cause a regurge.

Old 08-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #3
Lennycorn
Yes I know, It's just that after reading alot of post on how hard to feed. I thought it might be good to hear a successful story on feeding, especially after disturbing the new hatchling like that.

side note
My youngest daughter doesn't hang in her bedroom that much in the summer and I'm remodeling the den right now that's way the hatchling there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google