CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Help!! snake turned very pale, but did not shed and is no eating.

Old 07-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
naneito
Help!! snake turned very pale, but did not shed and is no eating.

I need help! My snake stopped eating for a week, then it turned pale (including its eyes), i thought it was going to shed. It was pale for two days, then the following day its color returned to normal. I tried feeding it a couple days after and it isn't eating. Doees anyone know why this happened and what to do?

Old 07-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Tula_Montage
After turning cloudy, the snake will clear up and shed 2-4 days afterwards. I'm thinking your snake will shed any day now, some won't eat whilst in shed, some will.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
snakers2486
I agree with Elle... It just sounds like your snake will be shedding any day now.. Snakes turn pale before they shed including the eyes, and then for a few days they return to normal coloring.. Some snakes will eat in shed and others wont... Ive never tried to feed mine during shed just because I dont want to stress him out, but since you did try, now you know that he probably isnt interested in food when hes preparing to shed... Try feeding him once he does though! Good Luck!!

Old 07-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #4
CMatt2157
1) The snake's skin becomes dull and "pale"
2) The eyes become cloudy as well
3) After a few days, the skin and eyes clear up.
4) And in a few more days you have a shed.

And by what you wrote, I would say your snake will probabaly shed pretty soon.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
Lore
... as a visual... here is a photo of my amel in the "milky" phase

Old 07-08-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
naneito
oooo that explains it !! I got worried because i thought only the eyes were supposed to clear up before the shed, not the whole snake. Thanks!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google