CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #51
crotalis40741
Thank you, if he passes it may take me a couple weeks but I will send it to Susan, My vet here is supposed to let me get a jar and formulin from him. The rest of the collection seem fine, I stocked up on hand sanitizer and antibacterial soap to clean my hands after working with each hatchling. So fingers are crossed for my older snakes.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
vetusvates
Bob, you've described the process quite well. Unfortunately, once the first signs appear, the outcome is inevitable.
I too am sorry, and anxious for a specimen in formalin to make it to Susan for examination.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #53
Nanci
I think you need to get ammonia, too. I would wash your hands in ammonia first, (not straight, 50/50) and then wash with soap. But really, just cut handling down to a minimum. I think I would put them on paper towels and feed in their vivs, even, to avoid handling. And get poo out as soon as you find it! Check a couple times a day! And soak water bowls in ammonia.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #54
Nanci
And if he dies before you get the formalin, refrigerate him. But the faster you get him into formalin, the less decay of tissues there is.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #55
crotalis40741
I will get the amonia, I have been feeding all them in thier tubs, using news paper in the tubs and removing anything I find. I am going to call the vet in the morning to see if I can get the formulin in the morning. I have also contacted the breeder again to keep them aware of what is going on and that I plan on having him tested but it may take me a few days to get all the money needed.
Thank you all again, all the support and kind words are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:48 PM   #56
Nanci
Well, once you have him preserved, then you have all the time you need to save up to test him.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:06 PM   #57
crotalis40741
Mystic my hypo sk male, passed away. I put him in a gladware storage bowl and into the fridge, will go in the morning and get the formulin. thanks all

Old 04-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #58
OkeeteeMom
Oh this is really sad...and bad.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #59
SnakeKiss247
I am so sorry your snake passed. Really, I am here if you want to talk.... Best wishes always.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #60
Nanci
At least it will be a relief to find out what you are dealing with, so you know how to move forward.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google