CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

RI Treatment (How-to)

Old 04-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #91
Carinata
So when someone like Beth for example posts her opinion 100 times in a thread on co-habbing, it's not annoying. This is a forum, where you're supposed to speak your opinions, values, and sometimes just plain rant. That's the point of a forum.

In the last 2 years, I've seen so much ignorance and so many people telling me "Oh yeah, I saw in on a forum.". It's crazy to me, how much bad information floats around the herp community. I saw this thread as a recipt for disaster. Which is why I spoke my opinion so strongly. If that annoys people, I'm very sorry, but that's how I roll. I'm an opinionated individual, and I would hope on a forum I was allowed to express that. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine, but please don't tell me I cannot speak my opinion.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #92
Tara80
No one is saying that you cannot speak your opinion. Aaron was nicely trying to point out that you've repeated the same thing over and over again, and we get the hint. We already know you find the practice 'reckless'. How many times do you need to say it over and over and over and over and over.......
WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. Repeating it isn't going to do ANYTHING. We saw it, we moved on, we know.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #93
Carinata
- understand that, but if that's the case, why does no one say anything to other members when they repeat their opinion over and over and over again in threads on other issues?

Old 04-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #94
Tara80
I have yet to observe anyone else here repeating the same sentence over and over in a similar manner. People may bring up other points as to why they don't agree, but then they are adding value into the discussion/argument.
When other people become inflammatory, they DO get chastised by the moderators. Just ask Beth.

Old 04-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #95
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carinata View Post

In the last 2 years, I've seen so much ignorance and so many people telling me "Oh yeah, I saw in on a forum.". It's crazy to me, how much bad information floats around the herp community.
click ----> Do you mean like this? <---click

Old 04-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #96
Carinata
Like that but worse....

Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #97
Outcast
David, Last time I checked, Beth does seem to get in trouble quite a bit for repeating what she says, over and over and over again in the cohab threads... And yes, it does get annoying from time to time. I am sure that she has many more slaps from Mod's than you do about it also.

I understand that you are passionate about trying to get the correct information out there and I have nothing but respect for that. But, there is only so many times you can repeat yourself before you start sounding like a 14 year old kid with a stick up your butt (you are not the only one that this applies to).

Honestly, Tara said it better than I can, I seem to just cause more argument when I talk...

Old 04-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #98
Fishin Pole
I keep coming back to see the progression of the RI treatment and thread for the last 4 pages has been nothing but that...........Let people form their own opinions about something and stop trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throat.(Carinata)......Look back over history and think about how something that was not correct for years, is now the norm.......Ice cream led to polio, the world was flat....etc..... all examples of how SOME people's thinking was so wrong for such a long time..........Without trial and error, some things will never be proven to work or not work.........If this does prove to be a vet approved method, are you still gonna be dead set against it?.......I agree there are safer ways to try the method, but in theory it seems like it has some validity......

Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #99
Christen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
click ----> Do you mean like this? <---click
I love that video. It cracks me up every time.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:06 PM   #100
crotalis40741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin Pole View Post
I keep coming back to see the progression of the RI treatment and thread for the last 4 pages has been nothing but that...........Let people form their own opinions about something and stop trying to shove your opinion down everyone's throat.(Carinata)......Look back over history and think about how something that was not correct for years, is now the norm.......Ice cream led to polio, the world was flat....etc..... all examples of how SOME people's thinking was so wrong for such a long time..........Without trial and error, some things will never be proven to work or not work.........If this does prove to be a vet approved method, are you still gonna be dead set against it?.......I agree there are safer ways to try the method, but in theory it seems like it has some validity......

You see opinions are the basis of a forums as well as pure knowledge, But singling out and personal attack will not be. I hope this is clear?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google