CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

need some help no electricity and temps are heading up

Old 06-30-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
BooBoo18
need some help no electricity and temps are heading up

We had a bad strom last night and have been without electric since then. So far the snakes are doing fine but I am worried if it starts getting real hot here. Right now its 80 degrees in the house but it will probably rise higher this afternoon an I Am not sure home much heat the guys can tolerate. I do have a basement that is a bit cooler than the rest of the house but not by much. Any suggestions would be so helpful!

Old 06-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
BooBoo18
We did get them moved downstairs and have the power back on now will keep em down there until it cools of some I think.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #3
obboi34
for the future I might suggest placing a baggie of ice/water underneath the cool side of your vivarium. They're hardy, though, and their wild relatives have been dealing with heat waves for a long time.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
HermesMom
I had this same concern a couple of weeks ago and loved the idea Nanci shared with me... stash some bottles of water in the freezer and you can put them in their viv so they have a cool spot to go to.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
BooBoo18
Thanks so much we got the electric back on that night but it took a while for the temps to come back down so they spent the night in the basement. Those are good ideas and will be tossing some half filled bottles of water into the freezer just in case!

Old 07-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
HermesMom
They stay frozen for a lot longer than I thought they would.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google