• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New Year's babies part II

Post shed of an Okeetee from Redcoat Okeetee Corn X Extreme(ly) overpriced Reverse Okeetee Corn and the parents breeding pic. :D

Attachments

• DSCN3735.JPG
    DSCN3735.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCN3736.JPG
    DSCN3736.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCN3564.JPG
    DSCN3564.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 247
Ok...I have to agree...enough already!! LOL

Remember I was asking if the Redcoat made THAT much difference...now I see it does, wow!

And we may need to chat about the Striped Amaretto's. They were on my radar last season, it may be time.

I'm very excited to see pics of the babies we talked about earlier!!!

Ok...I have to agree...enough already!! LOL

Remember I was asking if the Redcoat made THAT much difference...now I see it does, wow!

And we may need to chat about the Striped Amaretto's. They were on my radar last season, it may be time.

I'm very excited to see pics of the babies we talked about earlier!!!

I haven't worked with Redcoat much, but I like it a lot! Can't wait to start some more projects with it.

We can talk about the Striped Amarettos, no problem. I actually have more hatching now.

I can't wait to show 'em!

Oh...I totally just saw the clever little dig above that last pic HAHAHAHA:roflmao: I don't know what you're complaining about, you aren't the one who has to pay for those weird Amels, you just open bins and bam they're there. :p

Striped Creamsicles

Hypo Lavenders

Motley Moonstone

Attachments

• DSCN3746.JPG
    DSCN3746.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN3745.JPG
    DSCN3745.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN3741.JPG
    DSCN3741.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 226
Iv'e been getting a lot of these weird patterns on the Striped Caramels and Striped Lavenders.

Caramel Blood

Attachments

• DSCN3740.JPG
    DSCN3740.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN3744.JPG
    DSCN3744.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 226
Pewter Corns

Opal Caramel

I thought this Sunkissed Hypo Motley had a really light look even for a hypo.

Attachments

• DSCN3737.JPG
    DSCN3737.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCN3748.JPG
    DSCN3748.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN3738.JPG
    DSCN3738.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 225
Looks like there is Motley in the mix Steve, maybe that why you are seeing the odd patterns ??

Nice looking Striped Creamsicles BTW !!

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

I know there is Motley in the mix, but it's still a little different from what the usual Mot/str mix looks like. Usually you see the "bowtie" pattern. This is stripe then just a total cutoff to the other pattern. Remember the Striped Lav from last season? It just looks different from the typical bowtie I'm used to seeing. Some have a neck stripe then it almost turns into what a Sunkissed Stripe looks like.

Attachments

• DSCN3271.JPG
    DSCN3271.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 237
I know there is Motley in the mix, but it's still a little different from what the usual Mot/str mix looks like. Usually you see the "bowtie" pattern. This is stripe then just a total cutoff to the other pattern. Remember the Striped Lav from last season? It just looks different from the typical bowtie I'm used to seeing. Some have a neck stripe then it almost turns into what a Sunkissed Stripe looks like.

I hear ya and know what you mean. You may even see something even different next season if you bred the same adults.

I remember back in the mid 90's when everyone was talking about the Stripe & Motley genes possibly being located on the same locus,
so I did the breeding ( Motley X Stripe ) to see for myself.

Of course that's when I found they were and the Motley gene being dominate over Stripe, getting ALL Motleys in the F1 generation.
Once those F1's were old enough to breed the F2 out come was CRAZY !!

I got Motleys, Stripes and EVERYTHING inbetween from one clutch, even what you are seeing now.

Walter

I hear ya and know what you mean. You may even see something even different next season if you bred the same adults.

I remember back in the mid 90's when everyone was talking about the Stripe & Motley genes possibly being located on the same locus,
so I did the breeding ( Motley X Stripe ) to see for myself.

Of course that's when I found they were and the Motley gene being dominate over Stripe, getting ALL Motleys in the F1 generation.
Once those F1's were old enough to breed the F2 out come was CRAZY !!

I got Motleys, Stripes and EVERYTHING inbetween from one clutch, even what you are seeing now.

Walter

Yeah you definitely get some weird stuff when breeding the two together!

Speaking of Stripes your gonna love the next photo I post ;)

Yeah you definitely get some weird stuff when breeding the two together!

Yeah, I know. It's my belief that because the Motley & Stripe pattern are so different visually that when they are to be expressed together ( Homozygous ) when in embryonic development, they don't know which way to go, so you end up with these crazy patterns when they are both expressed visually...............make sense ??

Walter

Back