CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

3-4 day new corn hatchling

Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 PM   #1
AUSTINC26
3-4 day new corn hatchling

got him 07/31/2005. from what im told its slightly too warm for him 84-90, and i shouldnt of handled him 3 times already. Do you think i should try to feed him in his deli cup tonight or tomorrow?

Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
JTGoff69
No, you shouldn't have handled him, but we all want to do it, so you're not alone. 84-90 on the low side sounds good for the warm side, what are the temps on your cool side? And I would wait until tomorrow or Fri to feed.

Old 08-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #3
MegF.
Actually 82-84 for the warm side is fine. You're set more for a python or something. Cool side should be in the low 70's. Although it's best to leave them alone for a few days, some snakes could care less. I didn't know any better when I got my amel and held him all the way home from the reptile show, and everyday thereafter. I also fed him 2 days after I got him....he could have cared less. The Aztec I got from Stephen fed the same day I got her, and my hatchlings fed a few days after I got them. My tree python got 4 days of no contact and fed and left alone. She's just a different personality. So, just to sum it up....sometimes it just doesn't matter. Depends on the snake's personality.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:02 AM   #4
AUSTINC26
thanks for the tips

ill wait till tomorrow evening to try, my low end seems to be 76-80F, my high end is so high because im not home all day, and i dont want to risk him being stressed in the traffic areas of the house. (noise, light, people, TV)
i live in sac cal (100+) for 17 days now. i wish they made a little rep. AC like they do heaters.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:48 AM   #5
CornCrazy
Your low end temps are almost as high as your high-end temps should be. You should definitely try to figure out a way to lower the temps some. As I said before, incorrect temps (whether high or low) can cause digestion problems.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:30 PM   #6
AUSTINC26
low end

i left the window open last night,
and it dropped to 72, pretty much most of the night,
i didnt do this before because i was worried the little
guy might be too cold. In the last two day, disimilar to
the first two, he has been hiding less. At first he was at
the bottom of the bedding, under something, at all times.
now he chills in secure areas, with part of his body exposed
or in the bedding under his deli cup he came in (i put it in his
tank for good measure/comfort) and he seems to always be
exposed now, or always has his head out, or just coils up
under his log on top of the bedding now. Would this behavior
implicate that he is at least more comfortable than he was at
first? I think ill try feeding tonite at dark? I love you guys for
offering your two cents. id be lost, without ya'll.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
Energi2er
hey Austin, Im from Sac. (I live in WA now) what part of sac U in? I used to live in Citrus Heights.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:09 PM   #8
AUSTINC26
i live in Natomas, off the 80 and truxel rd.
im ready to move if the heat continues.
and they said it would take years to feel the
effects of global warming. (liars) Im pretty darn
sure we are there.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #9
larryg
If you home stays in the 72-low80s range, you can probably get by with no heating at all, until closer to winter. Sure, any pet store will tell you that you need to buy a long list of items for any pet (buy from them, of course), but heat is probably something you can wait a few months to start worrying about, when the temp. is cooler. An UTH works best, from what I've seen and heard. Usually about $12 to $15, and no bulbs to replace.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google