CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

feeding problem!

Old 08-06-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
Bubbles
feeding problem!

hey yet again one of the snakes has stopped feeding. the one snake feeds fine the new one we got don't feed so good. last time was the other week this was because she was due to shed then she did shed and did eat. week later (2 2days ago). she decided to skip her meal again and still wont eat today. I'm probably going to try her tomorrow she defiantly is not shedding anytime soon not for another 2 weeks at least anyway so its not because she is not eating because of that. i have gave her some space and have not handled her i usually try Handel her for around 15 minits a day sometimes a little longer but sine 2 days ago we have left her alone. we did this because if she was a little nervous we thought she wouldn't eat so left her to try her on food again (today when we tyred sh didn't eat.)

anyone got any suggestions why she is not eating?

please please respond if you can think of any reasons thank you all for reading.

Old 08-06-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
TandJ
Could be shy?? Have you tried turning out the lights ???? What are you feeding the snake? F/T or live.. I would not be overly concerned, as from what I understand ( or my impression from reading your post ) it has been only a few weeks.. Give it a few more days and try feeding again in its own little container, in the dark.. I am certain there are others here that might give you a lot more information...

Regards..

Old 08-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #3
Bubbles
the mice are dead and no bigger than her head well OK a little bigger but not like 2x her head. ill try putting her in a container in the dark she does come out loads in the dark actually. she don't come out in the day much but at night she is always out and about messing around the cage.

thanks for reading and responce.

Old 08-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #4
TandJ
Slit across the back and puncture the neck.. The scent should intice a feeding strike!

Regards..

Old 08-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #5
dwyn127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
she decided to skip her meal again and still wont eat today. I'm probably going to try her tomorrow we thought she wouldn't eat so left her to try her on food again (today when we tyred sh didn't eat.)

anyone got any suggestions why she is not eating?
If she dosen't eat and you continue to show her food every day or 2, you can set up a negative response from her. I had a yearling go 6 weeks without eating and her appitite came back with a vengence...when she was ready!

My suggestion, offer her her meal on your regularly scheduled feeding day. If she dosen't eat, wait until the next scheduled feeding day. As long as she is healthy, her appetite will come back when she's ready.

Make sure temperatures are within those recommended for proper digestion or that may contribute to her not eating, as well. (72-85ish from cool to warm)

Old 08-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #6
Bubbles
ok the next time she is due to feed (this friday) i will do the hole in the neck and slit acrose back thing and i wont feed her or try to till this friday? i can do that no problem just what to do if she dont deside to eat. she skipped a week then fed due to sheading then she skipping it again this week its like she only eats every 2 weeks lol.

cheers for your responces anyway.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google