CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Getting Discouraged

Old 05-03-2006, 08:41 PM   #41
Kitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyG
Some folks at the vet's office made fun of me for bringing a snake in. They'd probably laugh even more if they knew this situation has reduced me to real, physical tears more than once. But I know the people here understand, and no one would laugh at me for going through all this for "just a snake."
I certainly hope it wasn't any of the staff, or the vet should be getting an earful. If it was just some other insensitive boobs in the waiting room, then ... well, it's a family forum and I'm not allowed to say what I'm thinking.

Hugs and good thoughts going your way.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:20 PM   #42
BeckyG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty
I certainly hope it wasn't any of the staff, or the vet should be getting an earful. If it was just some other insensitive boobs in the waiting room, then ... well, it's a family forum and I'm not allowed to say what I'm thinking.

Hugs and good thoughts going your way.
It was both actually. One lady in the waiting room so generously informed me that snakes are NOT pets. Dogs are pets. Cats are pets. But snakes are NOT. While I was waiting for the vet, I heard from the back area of the clinic things like, "A SNAKE???" followed by peals of laughter. I chose to ignore both. Good thing I went in last week, because THIS week--well, let's just say it's one of those feminine things and I likely would have ripped somebody's hair out.

Anyway. I got my feeding tubes today, and am going to try the first liquid feeding right before bed time. That way, the house will be still and quiet for the night, and after a brief flurry of preparation for work and school, all day tomorrow.

Thanks for all the good vibes. Let's hope they work.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #43
BeckyG
Ok, my son and I got the liquid feeding done about an hour ago. It was harder to hold that little squirmy critter than I expected. But once I got the feeding tube into her mouth, it went pretty smoothly.

I also took a really good look at her while I was feeding her. I'd been trying to leave her alone mostly, to reduce stress. Anyway, she may have lost a little weight, but she is no where near skin and bones yet.

Ummm, it is possible to overdose on Nutribac? I added quite a bit, and not all of it on purpose. Ok, ok, I spilled it.

Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #44
MooreSnakes
Quote:
One lady in the waiting room so generously informed me that snakes are NOT pets. Dogs are pets. Cats are pets. But snakes are NOT.
KILL THEM!!
. . . just kidding

Old 05-05-2006, 03:28 AM   #45
diamondlil
glad the feeding went smoothly, now fingers and toes crossed she just digests it for you

Old 05-05-2006, 10:13 AM   #46
SunnyCorn
Ugh! Reading the rude ladies post made me really mad! I just wanted to kill someone. If I were there, I would have said "Look lady, snakes can be pets! Why is it so wrong to YOU for having a snake for a pet?! If YOU think it's weird then please, keep your comments to yourself." then you look to everyone, "And that goes for all of you!" yeah I know that would be kinda immature, but come on! High five for you Becky for not going all crazy like I would.

And good luck I hope he starts to eat mice again for you. *crosses fingers*

Jessica

Old 05-06-2006, 04:03 AM   #47
dionythicus
Quote:

Some folks at the vet's office made fun of me for bringing a snake in. They'd probably laugh even more if they knew this situation has reduced me to real, physical tears more than once. But I know the people here understand, and no one would laugh at me for going through all this for "just a snake."

Thanks for being here.

My vet sent me a sympathy card when my female died from egg binding. That's the kind of vet I wish everyone could have. They are there because they love animals as much as their clients do. I wish you the best!

Old 05-06-2006, 06:15 AM   #48
BeckyG
It's been 32 hours. No regurge so far...

Old 05-06-2006, 09:24 AM   #49
Gintha
Ohhh 32 hours... thats enough time to get some nutrients for sure! *cheers little snakey* Glad to see you were able to tube feed her =) *crosses fingers*

Old 05-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #50
ickle_moose
Hey Becky, sorry I'm late catching up with this thread. Fab news though, 32 hours, go little snakey! Digest those juices! I'm a big believer in positive vibes and thinking, you've got so many people routing for you and this snake.

Please put out of your mind the people in the vet office. They are just ignorant about snakes, it's our job (obviously not when you are stressed out like you were at the time) to educate people about our beloved slithers. It's just like when I was back in england and a woman said to me 'why would you bother travelling to China?' I told her I wanted to teach kids. Her response, 'well, they aren't even developed enough to understand are they? Whole country of child-murderers. And, you know, Chinese people all STINK.' She said it with such vehemence that I really wondered for her sanity. Unfortunately for a lot of people it seems to be 'I don't understand this therefore it is fundamentally wrong.'

Anyway, sorry for the rant, I will continue to hope for your little fighter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google