CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #91
Jadie.Glitch
Yeah, that would be pretty awful... I would probably wait a bit too.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:09 PM   #92
jenneses
Maybe you should supplement his water with nutri-bac. Antibiotics can kill good bacteria which might increase the risk of a regurge. Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:12 PM   #93
starsevol
I had not heard of that, but right now his gut is completely empty...

Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #94
Nanci
I think right now the antibiotics would cancel out the Nutribac, but that's a great suggestion for when the antibiotics are finished! I always give Isabel (dragon) probiotics after her coccidiosis treatments. (Acidophiliz).

Really, there isn't any reason why he should regurge, since the initial regurge was caused by the foreign object. Except if you're trying to medicate him and handling him. What did the vet say about that?

When Addy (snake) had to get a shot every other day for three weeks, I just didn't feed her.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #95
Nanci
Beth, since he's going to be so accustomed to being tubed anyway, (and now that you're the snake tubing expert!) if you felt like it, you could just pop a dose of Nutribac right into his stomach after the last antibiotic dose. If you and the vet think that's a good idea. I love Nutribac- I'm like a Nutribac pusher.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:25 PM   #96
starsevol
The vet didn't seem to think a regurge was very serious!
He is getting harder and harder to medicate.
He squirms and it's REALLY hard to get the syringe in his mouth.
It takes both of us and its always a huge struggle.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #97
Nanci
You aren't using a little feeding tube??

Old 10-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #98
starsevol
I don't have one, just a needleless syringe...
We need to put it down past the incisions.
It's small enough for his throat, what's awful (and stressful) is getting his mouth open.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:33 PM   #99
Nanci
Well if you want me to send you one like the one I used on Noah, I'd be happy to. You don't have to open the mouth at all, just weasel it into the corner of the mouth. That's how my vet does all oral meds on snakes.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #100
starsevol
You would do that?
That would cause all 3 of us alot less stress!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google