CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Metal in a mouse...My Poor Festivus

Old 10-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #11
tom e
Sounds like hardware cloth maybe? I used to make cages for my dragons and chameleons out of it..

Old 10-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
starsevol
Tom, I think that's it....

Old 10-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #13
highcolorcorns
OMG that's terrible...I really hope he makes it through. Thanks for the info..it's feeding day so you had me kinda worried. I feel much better now, but if you think about it, it could actually happen anywhere. Freak accident. I wish both of you the best.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:35 PM   #14
Jenstar
I'm really sorry you have to go through this... I hope the best for Festivus, please let us know how he is doing... It's just amazing something like this could happen... Now I'm worried as well about feeding my snakes... And I thought frozen was safer... You and Festivus are in my prayers...

Old 10-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #15
*salAMANDA88*
I am so sorry to hear about your snake...makes me sad..
I hope he gets better..I hate to see animals suffer, because you never really know how much pain they are in...
but I am freaked out now and will be looking over my snakes mice before the feed....I think there is only herp. vet in Maine..and I don't know really where it is...

Old 10-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #16
*salAMANDA88*
* ONE Herp. Vet...

Old 10-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #17
Tula_Montage
What a horrific story! I am so glad he is ok, but what an awful experience.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #18
ziggybond_007
I'm so sorry! I hope he gets better... Since you got him to the vet as soon as you found him, I'm sure he's got an excellent chance.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #19
LBoz
Oh Beth, what a horrible experience for you and festivus. Did the vet say there might be long term damage? Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for him.

I'm sure your supplier is feeling awful right now as well. Hopefully his breeders will be checking their stock closely before sending them out to him.

(((((Beth)))))

Old 10-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #20
Pasodama
Wow, Beth,... I am so sorry to hear about what happened to Festivus!

If the mouse was the wire carrier, it would seem (to me) that the wire must have been on the outside of the mouse ... especially to affect Festivus' mouth/throat. I don't know but ... it is, certainly, not something that someone would expect to be there &/or would be looking for.

This is such a freak accident, and is a bit of a shock, so that I just keep thinking ... Wow.
I know how difficult this must be, for you, and my heart goes out to you.
I really pray that Festivus remains on the mend and gets well soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google