• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

my baby corn lets me pet his head! :D

Mikesnakeares

today when i picked up my baby corn snake he seemed that he got used to me so i started petting his body and he seems to like it, so i tried petting his head and he let me! :D i was so happy that he was used to me and doesnt mind being petted

be sure your hands are clean- bacteria and the such can get into thier eyes easily and cause infections that way- other than that, im jelous! my snake is so paranoid of touch in particular spots :( and not just within reason lol

I have a 2 month old (i'm guessing) and he will actually arch his back so you can keep petting him. I swear he is acting more and more like our dogs everyday. Congrats on the new snake!

My one corn lets me pat his head or rub his neck. I rubbed his neck and put him asleep while he's arched up in the air.
My other one is total opposite.

My first corn loves for me to pet her head and scratch under her chin. There is also a spot on her back she likes for me to rub. She is the only snake that actually likes being petted. I think if she didn't like it she wouldn't lay there really still and let me do it. As soon as I stop she goes her merry little way lol.

be sure your hands are clean- bacteria and the such can get into thier eyes easily and cause infections that way- other than that, im jelous! my snake is so paranoid of touch in particular spots :( and not just within reason lol

Don't snakes have scales over their eyes? How would the bacteria cause any more harm there than on the rest of the body? (not mocking, just wondering so i also could pay attention to avoid the eyes)

oooh sorry double post

That's great! i should try if my snakes likes it now that the bites don't hurt that much.

Oh, your so luck! My snake hates for me to touch him at all, might be because I've only had him for about a week and a half, hopefully he'll get more friendly :D

I know you're supposed to wait to hold hatchling when you get them and not hold them a lot. But when I got my first snake I held her every day. Sometimes more than once a day. She would try running away but never bite. She calmed down fast and now 2 years later she is the calmest snake I own. Maybe my handling got her that way or she was just born calm.

I think mine really likes to be gently stroked under his chin.... I never thought the little bugger would stop rattling at me. SOO fiesty when he was a young'un!

Back