• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first official breeding season!!

MysticExotics

(formerly NWHeather)
I had two clutches last year, that I did not breed. One was a young female, unk history, ended up gravid, & laid eggs about a week after I got her. One baby survived for a little bit, but later died.
The second clutch was given to me after I helped the owner rehome the parents, 5 out of 10 of those babies hatched (after 105 days of incubating), including Hekate, my hot little Anery Motley. She's the only one I'm keeping.

I bred Mica, Katzen & Kaia this year. Thanks to Tara, who graciously let be borrow her cherished male, Taz, an Okeetee Tessera.
I paired Taz with Mica (Alabama) & Kaia (Miami phase), no witnessed hookups. I paired Katzen (Alabama-daughter to Mica) with Silber (Alabama-son of Mica), in hopes of getting some Alabama babies.

Mica laid one egg on 3/24 & 15 more on 3/25. I lost one of those a couple weeks ago, but the rest look really good. I can see really big veins in the eggs, & they're growing huge!
Katzen laid a series of slugs, over a few days, & laid one good egg on 3/31. That egg is discolored, but still plump, so I am hoping for one stunning baby out of that "ugly egg". :)
Both Mica & Katzen turned blue, then laid eggs while blue, & shed a few days after laying their eggs.

I about gave up hope for Kaia (Miami phase) to lay eggs, when I woke up this morning to a beautiful clutch of eggs. I wasn't sure if she was done, so I left her alone for a while, but from what I could see, there was at least 12 eggs.
Before I left for work, I checked on her again, & it appeared that she was done, so I removed the eggs & put them in the incubation box. I counted, twice...18 beautiful eggs!! I candled a few & I can see little veins in the ones I candled, so I will monitor them & keep my fingers crossed that they all remain healthy.
I do not know Kaia's history, only she was sold to me as an '08 Miami Phase, from someone who was wholesaling a bunch of Corns for his dad, who had health problems & was getting out of breeding. I have no idea where she came from. She's the one that got me hooked on Miami phase in the first place.

One more female laid eggs recently, but it was one that I hadn't bred...it was one I thought was a male. A few days ago, when I was checking on everyone, specifically Kaia, hoping for eggs from her, I noticed something odd in Kaels bin....I looked closer...wth! Eggs!!
I will be getting a stunning Miami Motley from Carol in the next couple weeks, & I hope to make some beautiful babies with this pair in the future. :)
Kaela (formerly "Kael") came from Carol, a beautiful Miami, het Motley.

This first batch of pics are of Mica; (also with Taz, as well as her eggs)

Attachments

• micaeggs.jpg
    micaeggs.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 300
  • Mica.jpg
    Mica.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 062a.jpg
    062a.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 301
  • micatz2.jpg
    micatz2.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 301
  • micataz.jpg
    micataz.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 300
This next batch of pics are of Katzen, as well as her eggs, & one of Silber, the male I paired her with.
(Her egg is more discolored now, & I know it's not just the moss, but it's still plump, so I will keep it incubating)

Attachments

• Copy of 053katzen2.jpg
    Copy of 053katzen2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 061a.jpg
    061a.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Copy of 049silber.jpg
    Copy of 049silber.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 301
Here is Kaia, with Taz,& her eggs.

Attachments

• 002kaia.jpg
    002kaia.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 298
  • kaiataz.jpg
    kaiataz.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 297
  • kaiaa.jpg
    kaiaa.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 297
And last but not least, is Kaela (formerly "Kael")
the male turned out to be female, & her slugs...I'm excited for future breeding projects with her!!

*The second & third pics of Kaela were taken by Carol (LBR), I just haven't been able to get pics as good of her, as Carol did.) :)

Attachments

• 037kael.jpg
    037kael.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Copy of miamihetmotm.jpg
    Copy of miamihetmotm.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 299
  • miamihetmotm2.JPG
    miamihetmotm2.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 297
  • kaleaeggs.jpg
    kaleaeggs.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
Congrats on your Breedings/clutchs!!! wow!! is it just me?? or is there alot of 'first timers" this year? (myself included).

Beautiful pairs you have there. Congrats on the season. I'm a first year corn snake breeder too :)

Thank you Rich & Jessica! :)
Yes, I believe there are a handful of first time breeders. I am glad I had the opportunity to "practice" incubating, with 2 clutches last year, & I really enjoyed being able to do my own breeding this year. :)

Congrats! Im also having my first run this year and look forward to see what comes out!
Your Snakes are really good looking!

I'm on day 49 & 50 on Mica's clutch, day 45 on Katzen's clutch, & day 9 on Kaia's clutch.
Katzens egg has dented, & so has one of Mica's eggs, in one of the eggs, so hopefully soon!

Attachments

• 046mica.jpg
    046mica.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 257
  • 045katzen.jpg
    045katzen.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 255
  • 049kaia.jpg
    049kaia.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 255
looking good!
this is our first year breeding our corns also =] cant wait to see your bebes when they get here!

Congrats on your first year breeding and here is hoping the best for all of your clutches. I too am in my first year breeding and so far have only had one hook up, which got me 10 beautiful pearly whites in the middle of the night last night!! What a great good morning surprise from my girl!!

Congrats on your Breedings/clutchs!!! wow!! is it just me?? or is there alot of 'first timers" this year? (myself included).

I think you are right there is a lot more this year. Last year I felt like I was the only newbie asking retarded questions but maybe it was because I was new to the forum as well. :shrugs:

Were all of Kaela's slugs? There are a couple that looked good in the picture.

looking good!
this is our first year breeding our corns also =] cant wait to see your bebes when they get here!
Thanks! You & me both!! :D
Congrats on your first year breeding and here is hoping the best for all of your clutches. I too am in my first year breeding and so far have only had one hook up, which got me 10 beautiful pearly whites in the middle of the night last night!! What a great good morning surprise from my girl!!
Thank you! Much appreciated!
I did not see any of the hookups on the three, but they were obviously busy at some point ;)
congrats on your eggs!

I think you are right there is a lot more this year. Last year I felt like I was the only newbie asking retarded questions but maybe it was because I was new to the forum as well. :shrugs:

Were all of Kaela's slugs? There are a couple that looked good in the picture.

Yes, Kaela's eggs were all slugs. She was never paired with anyone. She was sold to me as a male, so needless to say, I was surprised when I found eggs in her bin. :)
Kaela is het Motley & I ended up getting Carol's Miami Motley male, so next year, I am hoping for some Miami Motley's.

I'm on day 56/57 for Mica's clutch, day 52 for Katzen's lone egg, & day 16 on Kaia's clutch :dancer: sooo close!

Katzen's lone egg did, & has sunken a little more in the last day or so. Her egg is 6 days behind Mica's eggs. One of Mica's eggs dented for about 4 days or so, & recently plumped back up......they're messing with me!!! AH!!

LOL....I drive home everyday at lunch time....just to check temps! Ok..i'm obsessed...we need Corn Snakes Anonymous!!

Back