CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What morph is this? Is this even a corn?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:02 PM   #1
Katie612
What morph is this? Is this even a corn?

Someone is trying to rehome this snake and I am interested in adopting it. They swear that it is definitely a corn snake, but I have never seen one that looks like this.

Can anyone suggest what this snake might actually be? I would like to know for sure before getting myself into anything.

Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
Shiari
That is absolutely NOT a corn snake. I think it may be a Florida Kingsnake?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
chris68
Looks like one to me too, Shiari

Old 06-21-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
Tom Tuttle
Not a corn! Please don't try to breed it to a corn.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
Nanci
Unmistakably a Florida King. Great pet snake!!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
Firefur
Florida kingsnake

Old 06-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
JrzyCornAngel91
Kingsnakes are very pretty and chill snakes. I use to have a mexican kingsnake that my ex got me but then he left the top off and he got loose. I was devisted. Its a great snake

Old 06-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #8
Rishi
HA! I saw this same add and promptly emailed them, "I'm 100% sure that is not a corn. It looks like a king of some sort, but I'm not familiar enough to know which one" Should've asked the pro's over here (Good thinking!)

Old 06-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Katie612
Oh Rishi, we're neighbors, yay! I emailed them, too! lol It always makes me wonder what kind of care people give animals when they don't really even know what it is, but I guess king/corn snake is very similar care-wise.

Yeah, I was really attracted to it because of the way it looks, but I really have not researched any snakes besides corn snakes, so I wasn't sure of their temperaments or anything, I'll have to look at their different morphs and stuff just for fun.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #10
Rishi
Kings are soooo lovely! If corns didn't have SO MUCH variety, I'd almost be tempted to go that direction

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google