CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Excited new corn owners!

Old 10-14-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
SnekMommas
Lmao no we are not in Alaska, the room he's in is typically 76 degrees at night. It can get higher during the day when the sun is on it, but I don't think it gets above 80. In other news, his heating mat just arrived! Amazon is the best. Thanks again for the feedback!

-Gabi

Old 10-17-2016, 10:19 AM   #12
smale492
Hey welcome! Yeah your snake seems very young so him hiding all the time will be pretty normal. I would def check out your temps though and get more than one hide for your tank.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #13
SnekMommas
Sounds good! Yeah we are students so we have to space out the spending on non-essentials, but a second hide is definitely high on the list. Thanks for the feedback
-Gabi

Old 10-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #14
smale492
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnekMommas View Post
Sounds good! Yeah we are students so we have to space out the spending on non-essentials, but a second hide is definitely high on the list. Thanks for the feedback
-Gabi
Yeah I am a student too. I would def make 2 more hides a priority they are very esential.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #15
SnekMommas
Oooh okay, good to know!

Old 10-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #16
smale492
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnekMommas View Post
Oooh okay, good to know!
Yeah corn snakes (well pretty much all snakes especially young ones) love to hide and feel secure. I have 3 hides 1 on warm side one in the middle of my tank and one on the cool side. My baby is in a 20 gallon so there is still plenty of room but you should still be following this method even for a 10 gallon. It will also help you snake be less stressed if it has places it can hide and relax in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
information, introduction