CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Baby Corn died,WHY?

Old 06-17-2002, 10:58 AM   #1
Littlewolf
Baby Corn died,WHY?

I've had this baby corn for 2 months and it was eating good and seemed like nothing was wrong with it. Sat. night I fed it a pinkie and then Sun. morn I checked on it and it was dead! You could see the lump of the pinkie and it wasn't even digested yet. I didn't do anything different from the other times when I fed it. I had just bought the pinkies a few days earlir from the same pet shop, then I freeze them (not a live) and then thaw them out to feed. Could there have been something on the pinkie that poisoned my snake. I just don't understand what happened to my baby corn. L.W Thanks

Old 06-17-2002, 11:59 AM   #2
Dean
I can't give any help with the cause of your corns death, but give my sympathy.

Regards.

Dean.

Old 06-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #3
Simon
I'd guess that it's just one of those 'suddent death' cases. It's a very rare case, but it could happen. Another thing that could of been it was a food toxic case.....

May the best be with it where ever it is.

God Bless

Old 06-17-2002, 01:02 PM   #4
Elaphe_Mo
If you still have the little guy, you might want to take it to a vet and have them do a necropsy. It could tell you what happened and let you know about potential parasites or things to look out for when/if you decide to get a new snakey friend.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 06-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #5
Colleen
So sorry for your loss. Thats scary,we've only had ours for 3 weeks. The vet idea sounds good, that way at least you'll have some answears.......although I'm sure even if you know the cause it will still be painful. But like Elaphe_Mo said if you get another one the info. may be helpful.

Colleen

Old 06-17-2002, 02:52 PM   #6
ERJ
Very sorry about your loss. I know its not a corn but i had a albino radiated rat which died 1 and a bit months after i got got it for no apparent reason. I suppose it could be the food or parasites.

Old 06-17-2002, 10:42 PM   #7
Jr Nimeskern
I too am sorry for your loss... I would hate to lose one of my babies... I would def. check it out with the vet if you still do have the little guy... I doubt that it was the food... food dont kill your corn that fast... not if its infected... sometimes life isnt ment to be...

my sympthy goes out to you...

Old 06-17-2002, 11:52 PM   #8
DustinWaller
Hmm where did you get the mouse. I think something was probly wrong with the food or maybe it got poisoned or somthing. I would take to vet.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:34 AM   #9
abell82
Sorry for your loss. How long did you let the mouse thaw for? Is it possible that, it was not long enough? The snake could have ate the mouse and got to a part that was still frozen, this can then send them into shock.Which leads to death.

Old 06-18-2002, 06:35 AM   #10
CornsnakeKeeper
I'm thinking maybe the same type of thing as abell said...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google