• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

The more I see Cleo. The more I want another snake, especially a butter! They're really eye catching! I also love your spread aha x3'

Thank you. I agree that any of the yellow corn snakes are quite striking. I hope you find "the one".

Thanks for the compliments on the spread. It was bought at IKEA last summer specifically for snakes and to protect my bed, if you know what I mean, ha ha. It washes beautifully by the way. ;)

Cleo is looking great! I'll have to measure Loopy ... he's longer I'm sure. But I don't think he's at Cleo's weight. I love the 'spots' on her back!

Cleo is looking great! I'll have to measure Loopy ... he's longer I'm sure. But I don't think he's at Cleo's weight. I love the 'spots' on her back!

Thanks, Ken. I love her spots, too. She is one very evenly patterned motley.

Loopy looks awesome. Cleo told me she thinks he's one handsome guy.

It is about time I measure Cleo, for sure.

She's so cute tonight peering out of her little log. We are expecting huge storms to move through in the next few hours and I've decided not to feed her and Clyde tonight. I'm just afraid of a power outage and I know they'll be fine for one more day. But boy both of them are guilt tripping me. Cleo especially. When I gave her her water she came halfway out of the log as if to say, "mouse?" It's harder on me than on her, lol.

Ha! That's funny ... I think they have an internal clock that's set on '1 week' ... anything longer than that they're looking for a snack! On Father's Day my son got me the Repti-Shelter so I'm using that (with Moss). Just put it in today so I don't think he's even descovered it yet. I switched it with the Skull hide, which he never used. I'll put them both in when he gets a bigger home!

Attachments

• Zoo-Med_Repti-Shelter-3-in-1-Cave-Small_30497.jpg
    Zoo-Med_Repti-Shelter-3-in-1-Cave-Small_30497.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 44
That's awesome. Loopy should really like that!

The storm has passed and all is well. We had enough lighting that I temporarily unplugged all the thermostats/heaters. No point on having a surge destroy things. Anyway, the hungry ones will get fed tomorrow evening.

This is the second time I've had help changing Cleo's water. They do get bolder as they get older.

EEqcBZNl.jpg

she's so cute and inquisitive! I'm sure she is looking forward to her mouse tonight!

Thank you! She continues to fascinate.

Actually she ate late yesterday afternoon. She spent the night in her warm hide but had moved to her log by this morning.

o49kBgAl.jpg

5UVzFw1l.jpg

Got a length and some tongue shots. First the length: 2 ft 4 inches

Cleo was 95 grams at last weigh in.

7ZRoCurl.jpg

Now the tongue shots:

TkX7u0Ol.jpg

3SwnMX4l.jpg

Had a huge photo session with her today with the real camera. Not bad for not having a dedicated macro lens and these two were backlit.

Here's a cute one that was front lit.

BCDRoGhl.jpg

And another:

IKh8o6ul.jpg

Very pretty! Were you surprised that Cleo was over 2 feet? Or did you know that already? I have definitely got to measure Loopy next time he's out!

I'm liking the 1st pic and the last pic. 1st pic because you can tell her actual size, and last pic I like the color and clarity. You can see the orange running down her sides. These are taken with the T6 right?

Congratulations Cleo! You're about to break the 100 gram mark!

Thanks Ken. I guessed it but didn't know. Looking forward to Loopy's length.

Yep. These are with the T6i Karl. As always thanks for the kind words.

Back