CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Adult Male Ghost Motley Proven Breeder

Old 08-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
wendhend
Wink Adult Male Ghost Motley Proven Breeder

Name:  Casper 1.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  160.5 KB

This is a 2007 adult male ghost motley, which was produced by VSM Professional Herpetoculture. I bred him this year, and his kids are due to hatch any time now. I do not know of any hets, but since I bred him to another ghost, I am not really expecting to find any. He eats very consistently on frozen / thawed adult mice. He is kind of a wiggly one and does not seem to like being handled much, but he has never bitten anyone. I am selling him, because I have decided I need to focus my collection more on my favorite morphs, which are the more brightly-colored ones.

I am asking $100 plus shipping, which is $45 to most locations, although I can offer a pretty good shipping discount within Oregon, as it is much cheaper to ship within my own state. I am a certified FedEx reptile shipper. This snake will be for sale for the same price on my table at the Portland Metro Reptile Expo on August 14th if he is not sold by then.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
russ_laroux
Wendy, either that picture is tinted yellow, or I'd swear I was looking at a golddust motley.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
wendhend
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_laroux View Post
Wendy, either that picture is tinted yellow, or I'd swear I was looking at a golddust motley.
No, he's definitely not a golddust, but he does have the typical yellow coloration around his throat area, which extends down his sides.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #4
wendhend
Price lowered to $90. Here is an updated photo that looks more true to life (less yellowish). Here is also a picture of one of his babies that hatched recently. He was bred to a silver queen ghost, and all the babies ended up with more silver queenish coloration.

Name:  ghost motley male.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  163.8 KB

Name:  silver queen ghost female 2.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  158.9 KB

Old 09-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
chuk_138
He looks like he is homozygous for dilute. I would love to have that bad boy. If only I hadn't bought 6 new snakes at Daytona...........

Old 09-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #6
wendhend
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuk_138 View Post
He looks like he is homozygous for dilute. I would love to have that bad boy. If only I hadn't bought 6 new snakes at Daytona...........
Does he? He was produced by Sean Niland with VMS Professional Herpetoculture, and I know he works with dilutes.... but I bought him as just a ghost motley. You never know....

Old 09-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #7
chuk_138
If it's from Sean, the chances are he is dilute. I'm only taking a guess, but since I have 3 dilute anery motleys to compare to, I would bet on it. I soooo want that snake!!! I love it when they look all peachy-pinkish. If I get this new job I applied for and no one has scooped him up..................Same story as just about everyone else

Old 09-01-2010, 11:19 PM   #8
wendhend
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuk_138 View Post
If it's from Sean, the chances are he is dilute. I'm only taking a guess, but since I have 3 dilute anery motleys to compare to, I would bet on it. I soooo want that snake!!! I love it when they look all peachy-pinkish. If I get this new job I applied for and no one has scooped him up..................Same story as just about everyone else

Well, I have had him for sale almost a month now and still no sale, which is why I lowered the price a bit. Hard to say how long he will still be here. Good luck with your job hunt!

Old 10-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
wendhend
Price lowered!

Ghost motley male, anyone? Somehow I thought he would sell much faster than this, as you really don't see too many of these around. Anyway, I have reduced the price to $75 now, and shipping is only $35 if you are willing to pick up the package at your local FedEx staffed express ship center. I also offer a further shipping discount if you live in Oregon, where it's cheaper for me to ship.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google