CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Updates on African House snake babies.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Tavia
Updates on African House snake babies.

UxI72515-6. Female albino.

Older pictures.

New ones taken yesterday, last ones before she heads out to her new home.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Tavia

Old 11-03-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
Tavia
UxI72415-1 Male normal het, Clyde. Pictures taken 11/1/15 indoors with flash.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
Tavia

Old 11-03-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
DollysMom
Thanks. Your photos are beyond beautiful!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 AM   #6
MysticExotics
Very pretty!
It's amazing what some sheds will make.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:46 PM   #7
Dragonling
Welp, another genus to learn about and potentially add to the wishlist. I saw a couple photos of a green hypo that I think was a cape AHS, and also some sort of "black phase" AHS of unknown species. So awesome!

I love their eyes! The albinos are T-, right?

Old 11-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #8
Tavia
Yes, these are the Boaedon capensis, used to be Lamprophis. These are T- albino, yes. The capensis is probably the most common in the US and has the most morphs, I think, in the US, anyway. The second most common is the B. fuliginosus and I believe those are the ones that are usually misleadingly marketed as a black phase Cape, though black capensis does exist. There is a pretty big problem with unintentional hybrid breeding of them in the US, mainly because the importers aren't the least careful about labeling them and those two species (there are several other House snake species) are very similar looking.

They are like the rabbit of the snake family, will breed at super young ages (as young as 4 months) and the females can literally breed themselves to death, so that makes breeding them a bit challenging. Making sure the female is in very good shape before pairing and good support throughout egg production is very important.

My female has produced 5 clutches since last Nov, with only two pairings to the male. Three clutches of eggs per one breeding seem to be the norm though. Which is why she will be getting next year off for sure (I've got my fingers crossed she is finally done laying, she laid 4 of her clutches after the second pairing with the male) and I will very possibly not breed them ever again. The eggs are difficult to incubate and 90% of the babies don't wish to eat for the first 2 to 4 months of their lives. I have gotten pretty decent at force feeding baby snakes though, thanks to them.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #9
Tavia
Took new pictures of all my non eaters tonight. First up is UxI72415-2 normal het.

Then some freshly hatched pics of UxI92115-1.

And then the ones from tonight.

UxI92315-4 from tonight.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #10
Tavia
UxI92315-5 normal het.

UxI92315-6 normal het.

They are being force fed at the moment but 3 of them assist fed the last time, so making a bit of progress.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google