• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

aspen bedding questions (new corn owner)

jbot1975

I just acquired an adult albino corn (sex unknown). my only other snake experience is with my ball python.

I bought some shaved aspen bedding that is packaged for small mammals. everything I read says it's the same stuff that's packaged for reptiles. the shredded kind was way too expensive.

1) my 1st question is about the bedding's scent. I've never used aspen before and I was wanting to make sure that it's completely normal and won't cause any kind of respiratory ailments. is this stuff ok? the brand is Premier Pet. the smell doesn't fill the room or anything. you gotta put your face right above the tank to catch a whiff.

2) my next question is about the corn's burrowing habit. I can tell that it wants to do this and I'm fine with it. my only concern is what do I do about cleaning up his "mess" that happens to be under the surface? how the heck will I know where to find it other than smelling it?

I'm sure i'll think of a ton more questions later to post. thanks for reading!

They normally poop around the edges but you will have to have a scoot around the viv to have a look for it. Luckily they nly go once or twice as in Angels case a week.

I have never had any problems with the scent off the aspen and that is the only bedding i have used for my corns.

Oh and welcome to the forum :)

Back