CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Off-Topic: Good Website Creating Software

Old 01-13-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Taceas
Off-Topic: Good Website Creating Software

I'm trying to get a website made to really make my site user friendly than just a listing of pics I have, etc. You know..some graphics and such.

I need some recommendations as to what software you all recommend. I'm looking for ease of use as this'll be my first attempt at creating a webpage.

I have MS Frontpage and MS Publisher, however they're both really confusing and I can't see anything I'm doing as stuff is so small.

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:23 AM   #2
starwarsdad
Well, Frontpage is looking strong, as you already have it.

What software (any type) are you familiar with? Do you use Photoshop, Illustrator, or other image software?

If I have an idea what kind of software you are comfortable using, I could offer a better editor.

Old 01-14-2004, 12:27 AM   #3
Taceas
Oh heck..lol.

Photoshop? I'm envious of anyone who can afford it. As for photo editing software, I currently use ACDSee 6.0.

I'm usually comfortable using MS based products. However Frontpage might as well have been written in Greek. Maybe I'm just being too blonde when I'm trying to work with it. I can't imagine that it could be that hard.

My main problem is that I have no clue how to build a webpage, but I don't want it to look like a cookie cutter version of their wizard templates. I want my own look, yet have no earthly clue on where to get graphics and backgrounds that are decent.

Old 01-15-2004, 04:23 AM   #4
limey
use dreamweaver then me and a friend do websites for small business and you can get an older version of dreamweaver for very little if you shopp around (dreamweaver is at www.macromedia.com) And photoshop is a very good program for graphics although its vectors arent as good as say freehand.

Old 01-15-2004, 08:54 AM   #5
starwarsdad
For vector art, there is no substiitute for Illustrator Of course I am biased, we are an Adobe solutions provider whatever that means

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google