CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Sad Accident. Advice?

Old 01-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #121
Preita
(There should be a hugging icon because you'd get that too...funny how we have so many fighting ones! lol)

Old 01-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #122
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preita
(There should be a hugging icon because you'd get that too...funny how we have so many fighting ones! lol)
Awww. Well, your words are more expressive than any emoticon could be, so be as content with them as I am appreciative.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #123
Mary-Beth
Quote:
Originally Posted by schilsound
I have had some serious self-doubt over the last week because I let my first baby out of its' enclosure on accident Sunday, and I am feeling the trepidation over the ~what if's~ every day. I no longer walk around my house unaware of how I am stepping, etc.
I know what you mean. My little Ozzy escaped almost a year ago, but I still check the toaster every time I'm going to use it.

How's Bills head tilt Dean? Is it getting less pronounced?

Old 01-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #124
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Beth is KoRny
How's Bills head tilt Dean? Is it getting less pronounced?
Well, it's been just over two weeks since the accident. It looks like he's regained full mobility in his neck; he's able to turn either way, and straighten it out. He is no longer sleeping with his head turned on its side. But the tilt is definitely still there when he moves, and he appears to be having balance issues. When I pick him up (which I've only done for the f/t feeding attempt), he sort of "rolls" in my hand. His overall head/neck movement still seems a little jerky, as if his balance is affected.

I'm trying to be optimistic, because he's made great progress, and besides the balance issue, he appears to be completely healthy. But I think the poor boy is going to have that balance issue for the rest of his life. How long that life will be depends on whether I can get him eating or not. I've got to head out to the pet store soon, and get him a tiny live pink. I will update after I make that feeding attempt.

Thanks for your concern, Mary-Beth. The support of everyone here has meant a lot to me.

Old 01-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #125
marty.warwick
I've been checking up on this thread a lot, keeping up with the progress 'Lil Bill' is making.
I really hope you can get him eating and that he carries on with the progress he's making, in fact, everyone does! This thread alone has had more views and replies than any other in 'Health Issues/feeding problems'!

Looking forward to the feeding update. Hope he does eat well

Old 01-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #126
cornsnakekid92
come on BILL!!!!

I really hopes that he eats for you!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #127
ultimuttone
I am so glad to hear he has made so much progress . I too will be continuing to check in on his recovery and any updates.

Kind of Isn't it amazing that even though this is a 'virtual community' we all share a genuine concern for each other and our beloved little critters. I know it means a lot to each of us when we go through trials like this to have that support. Something I find rarely happening in the real world, especially in regards to our scaly friends. This thread is proof of that. I am so happy I found this place and proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of people

Good luck with the live feeding today, Dean. And *hugs* for Bill

Old 01-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #128
marty.warwick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimuttone
Isn't it amazing that even though this is a 'virtual community' we all share a genuine concern for each other and our beloved little critters. I know it means a lot to each of us when we go through trials like this to have that support. Something I find rarely happening in the real world, especially in regards to our scaly friends. This thread is proof of that. I am so happy I found this place and proud to be a part of such a wonderful group of people
I totally agree I could go on and on and on about my Corn when offline, but I'm sure people would lose interest, It feels so nice to have that place where I CAN go on and on!

Old 01-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #129
babbaloo99
Bill!!!.... bill!.....bill!.......

(sorry, the spell checker won't let me capitalize his name all the way thru!)

Old 01-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #130
Roy Munson
Thanks guys. Traci and Marty really did a great job summing up what makes this forum such a cool place.

UPDATE: He ate the tiny live pink! He has always preferred live prey and complete darkness at feeding time, so I put him in the closet with the pink. As a result, I didn't see if he had any trouble with it. But when I checked on him after fifteen minutes, he was done with it, and cruising. When I opened the feeding tub, he gave me an inquisitive look as if to ask: "Um, where's the second pink, man?" Of course with the tilt, he always looks inquisitive now.

Since he digested the pink he ate minutes before the accident, I don't think he'll have any problem with this one. I'll probably try an f/t of slightly larger size in four or five days.

I think he's going to make it! Again, you guys have been very kind, and I really appreciate it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google