CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Nanci's SnickerSnakes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nanci's SnickerSnakes Welcome to SnickerSnakes- where the pretty snakes are! I love striped cornsnakes in red, white, purple, peach and pink. Foundation stock, breeding plans, and hopefully hatchling news!

Surprise Boot Keys Clutch!!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #1
Nanci
Surprise Boot Keys Clutch!!

I guess I got more than I paid for! Scarlett was "ovulating" when she arrived, but it turns out she was actually gravid. When two of her sisters in two different homes laid clutches (one fertile, one infertile) I gave her a lay box. She was horrified by the "torture chamber" and refused to use it. But then she shed. I fed her once or twice more, on schedule, and then a couple days ago the lay box became appealing. I checked today when I got home and lookee lookee!!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
Nanci
I'd heard her sister's eggs were small, but these looked about like I'd expect. (The yellowness is from the halogen light).

Old 07-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Nanci
I'm actually pleased that the eggs look great- I'd hate to have her go through all that for slugs. So the eggs are in the incubator, with what remains of Cherry's clutch (one of which dented today- in a good way, I hope!!) There are five and all look fertile. (Her mom was laying clutches of 8 or 9, at her mature age).

Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
Nanci
Here's the little mommy- 20 grams lighter but in excellent condition! No retained eggs. I'm going to feed her tomorrow, so she doesn't get too far off from her 5-day group, which feeds on Sunday.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
ArpeggioAngel
Awesome Nanci! Congrats!!

Old 07-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Memphios
Scary! And great! Congrats Nanci!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 PM   #7
StrangeCargo
Congrats Nanci! I'm sure she'll bounce back quick! The babies will be great!

Your friend,
Graham

Old 07-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Susielea
Wow, that's amazing!!! Lucky you and good job Scarlett! I can't wait to see the little ones in a couple of months

Old 07-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #9
CALIVIK
OMGoshGirl how cool is that!!!! Congrats!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:27 PM   #10
wstphal
Wow! What a great surprise! Those look like good eggs, too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google