CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Goodmorning everyone

Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
-Tom-
Goodmorning everyone

The name is Tom, 30 years old and living in Belgium, Europa.
Been keeping all kinds of reptiles since I was 8 years old and at the moment I'm working with Rhamphiophis rostratus, Candoia bibroni, Morelia viridis, Corallus hortulanus, Dipsosaurus dorsalis and Brachylophus fasciatus.
Als got 3 dogs (Shetland sheepdog, Collie and Stabyhoun), 5 cats, an african parrot and 2 raccoon dogs.

And then offcourse, I have 3 beautifull cornsnakes that I bought about 2 years ago. Never wanted them before, cause everybody had them and they were too common. I regret that now, cause they are very attracktive and nice snakes to keep. It was cause of seeing some pics of Abbott's on another forum, that I got really intrested. So I sent him a message where he found these, and mailed the breeder. Unfortunatly, he had sold all his young allready, so I had to wait another year. So the next year I mailed him again and I was lucky, he had still some young left. So I went over there and got myself 1.2 Abbott's. I'm still very exited about them. They become more and more beautifull every day and are very relaxing, problem-free snakes that are so easy to keep.

I've been reading on this forums for over a year, but it was getting frustrating that you can't see the attached pics when you are not registerd, so I've now finally decided to join the community. My English isn't perfect, so excuse me for the typing errors in this post and future posts.

Best regards,

Tom

Old 03-28-2010, 07:42 AM   #2
Lennycorn
Hi Tom

Welcome to the forum and your english is good....better than some here.

When you have a chance...post some picture of your snakes too.

Good Luck.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
insomniac101
Welcome to the forum, Tom! As Lenny said, your english and grammar are better than some here.

Please post some photos of your collection when you have time. There are a couple of dogs threads going, so feel free to post them too.

Kathy

Old 03-28-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Nanci
Nice collection! I can't wait to see pics of _everything_!! You'll find that all the snake species you mentioned are kept by various people here, except I can't think of anyone who keeps Rhamphiophis rostratus. I didn't know people kept raccoon dogs as pets.

I vaguely remember thinking cornsnakes were...common. Boring. Then the genetics bug bit me!! I came to appreciate the simplicity of cornsnakes, the gentleness, the predictability, as well as the vast array of possible morphs.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
Tavia
Hello & welcome! I'll second the picture request! Sounds like an interesting collection of pets you have there. There's a few mistakes in your post, but it is very understandable, better than a lot of native speakers, sometimes myself included! Nice to have you on here, it's great to get people from all over, shows it's a world-wide hobby.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
wendhend
Abbott's Okeetees are certainly a nice morph to own! Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
kadaysa
Welcome to the forum, glad that you introduced yourself. Corns are my first snakes and I totally got hooked right away with all the different morphs. I am glad you were able to get your okeetees, a year is a long wait, but I am sure it was so well worth it.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #8
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Welcome :-).

What's a raccoon dog?

Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #9
Katie612
I have never heard of raccoon dogs, so I looked them up. What a neat animal!

Old 03-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #10
Irish Eyes (Mrs.Z)
Yeah, me too. Avoid some of the Google links, though. The Chinese raise them as a fur animal, and there is nothing humane about the way they slaughter them....

I'd love to have one as a pet, though. Wish we could get them over here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google